Eric Barnett

Started by BuckyMatt, March 20, 2022, 07:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuckyMatt

I feel Eric deserves his own appreciation post!
First Home grown AA since who, Henning? Brandvold?
First home grown two-time AA since who??
Was 8th last year without the Ivy's and some (definitely not me) thought he wouldn't do as well with the Ivys back. None the less, with Vito and Glory placing ahead of him, he still managed to improve his place!
I don't know if anyone has improved as much since last season as him?!
He's a great leader and great teammate and we are lucky to have him!!
Always great to have a hammer to start the duals with!!

Harris

Totally agree.  Love Eric Barnett!

dad 2 5

Vir Fortis

Quote from: BuckyMatt on March 20, 2022, 07:54:00 PM
Was 8th last year without the Ivy's and some (definitely not me) thought he wouldn't do as well with the Ivys back. None the less, with Vito and Glory placing ahead of him, he still managed to improve his place!

Yes...absolutely. His loses this year are to Suriano(1st), Vito(3rd, but a guy who would win it most years) and then #4 DeAugustine who he split with this year(I think...I know Barnett beat him once) and then Kaylor who EB came back and beat in the 7th place match after a long, brutal Tournament.

Two years left! And I would think Branvold. I believe he's younger than Henning(who got absolutely robbed in the NCAA finals).

vsmf2010

+1

Improved in all positions and had a fantastic year

imwi

I'll jump in here, I like the 125 guy and he was fun to watch this year and look forward to a few more years

Ghetto

Barnett does some crazy stuff out there for sure. He's not traditional in any way, and almost always makes it a fun match.  Love watching him. Looking forward to next year already.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

wrestlemania

Agreed! Congrats to Eric on a great season.

Gutwrench

Quote from: Ghetto on March 20, 2022, 09:53:55 PM
Barnett does some crazy stuff out there for sure. He's not traditional in any way, and almost always makes it a fun match.  Love watching him. Looking forward to next year already.

This!  Barnett is what he is, and the vast majority of the time it works for him.  Got caught a couple times this weekend, but you've got to take the very small bad with the extremely awesome good.  As others have said, excited to continue to watch Eric wrestle.  Go Badgers!

onwisconsin

Well said.  His improvement is amazing!  So happy for him. 

onwisconsin

Quote from: Gutwrench on March 21, 2022, 08:38:42 AM
Quote from: Ghetto on March 20, 2022, 09:53:55 PM

This!  Barnett is what he is, and the vast majority of the time it works for him.  Got caught a couple times this weekend, but you've got to take the very small bad with the extremely awesome good.  As others have said, excited to continue to watch Eric wrestle.  Go Badgers!

This is why I get more nervous watching him than anyone else. It is a gift and I feel Gross is helping him win these positions, but I sure do fidget more watching him wrestle.  Can't wait to see his continued growth.  Well done Eric.

Armdrag

Been very fortunate to have been around this young man for a lot of years now....and he took me on some great adventures, had some pretty good seats to some special moments!!! As a wrestler he is a tireless worker, a great competitor, and obviously very talented..........we have not seen the best version of EB on the mat yet..........he has improved greatly, but he will continue to get better because that is just his nature...........those of you who have not yet met and talked with Eric face to face, you really need to search him out and do that...........he has such an infectious personality, I promise you after a conversation with him you will be smiling and just feel happier about life.....just a great young man on soooo many levels............cant wait for next season already!!!

.......and you guys think you get nervous watching him wrestle..........

harley25

Quote from: Armdrag on March 21, 2022, 01:47:42 PM
Been very fortunate to have been around this young man for a lot of years now....and he took me on some great adventures, had some pretty good seats to some special moments!!! As a wrestler he is a tireless worker, a great competitor, and obviously very talented..........we have not seen the best version of EB on the mat yet..........he has improved greatly, but he will continue to get better because that is just his nature...........those of you who have not yet met and talked with Eric face to face, you really need to search him out and do that...........he has such an infectious personality, I promise you after a conversation with him you will be smiling and just feel happier about life.....just a great young man on soooo many levels............cant wait for next season already!!!

.......and you guys think you get nervous watching him wrestle..........

Awesome!! Congrats and best of the luck!!

The Legend

vsmf2010

I loved his interview where he talked about not being nervous for his blood round match but being really nervous watching Austin and DJ and how he needed to get things back under control for this next match. It really shows how these guys feel about each other which is really cool.

Being an individual spot you inherently have to be selfish at times to take care of your own business but not at the expense of being a great teammate and friend to the guys who are sweating and bleeding with you.

Well Done!