way too early 2022-23 line up

Started by dad 2 5, March 19, 2022, 01:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

npope

Or maybe we should all simply 1) recognize the flawed rationale in paying college athletes unrestricted amounts of money for their "services," 2) realize that this current system cannot survive and will soon collapse, and 3) play by our own rules and provide the student athletes (that we have) with the very best possible collegiate athletic experience they can have, regardless of the final placements in the system currently developing.

Is it really important that a college to which a person has an affinity place high at the NCAA meet? Really?

Geeezzz folks, this is ridiculous! Time to say "no." Time to recognize that maybe the DIII model has more in common with the philosophical positions formally espoused by DI.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

rjchev141

Best guess of 22/23 depth as of now:
125-Barnett, Rivera
133-Burwick, Bobzien, Coy
141-Zargo, Dentino, Bavery, Severin
149-Gomez, Medora, Ayoub, Goebel, Carroll
157-Model, Anderson, Scharenbrock, Lettini, Hughes
165-Hamiti, Model, Meicher
174-Dow, Otto, Calhoun
184-Rowley, Sanders
197-Amos, Empey, Talshahar
285-Hillger, Christensen, Schmidtke

MNbadger

I agree Mr. Pope!  I am a dinosaur to be sure but I am losing interest in what DI wrestling is becoming.  Through the years when others wanted to "be like DI football" I screamed no, no, no.   Well, it seems to be happening bit by bit.  I agree that the DIII model would be better all around.v
Quote from: npope on May 21, 2022, 03:38:10 PM
Or maybe we should all simply 1) recognize the flawed rationale in paying college athletes unrestricted amounts of money for their "services," 2) realize that this current system cannot survive and will soon collapse, and 3) play by our own rules and provide the student athletes (that we have) with the very best possible collegiate athletic experience they can have, regardless of the final placements in the system currently developing.

Is it really important that a college to which a person has an affinity place high at the NCAA meet? Really?

Geeezzz folks, this is ridiculous! Time to say "no." Time to recognize that maybe the DIII model has more in common with the philosophical positions formally espoused by DI.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

mkm13

mkm13

Good interview from Braxton:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZwT6nBYmMw

Just qualified for Final X.  Looks like he plans to make some adjustments this offseason and put himself in a better position next year.

onwisconsin

Good interview. Sincerely candid. Love the young man.  Was fun watching him this weekend.  Thanks for posting.

dad 2 5

Quote from: onwisconsin on May 23, 2022, 01:42:47 PM
Good interview. Sincerely candid. Love the young man.  Was fun watching him this weekend.  Thanks for posting.

agree

PAUL

Holy Sh*t - impressive and I am already looking forward seeing him this fall.

kabrvi

As a person, he sure represents himself well with what seems like very genuine confidence but also humility.  He is easy to like in my opinion. 

It concerns me when he uses the term "hate" when referencing some fans.  However, that kind of conduct certainly isn't exclusive to Wisconsin.

Certainly, it would be disingenuous of me if I indicated his season went as I expected it would, but for any young person/college athlete to believe they were hated because of their performance in a sport is disappointing to hear.

It would appear he had adversity and plans to grow from it.  Good luck on your journey and the WI hopeful will be cheering for you.

wrastle63

Sounding like we are going to be getting Lamont!

He will be moving to 133 and a former AA.

onwisconsin

Quote from: wrastle63 on May 24, 2022, 07:59:28 AM
Sounding like we are going to be getting Lamont!

He will be moving to 133 and a former AA.

It's official. Taylor Lamont. Very excited.  Welcome Taylor. 

wrastle63

At 133 he has wins over Tariq Wilson NC State and Montorie Bridges Wyoming. Will be interesting to see how he develops with Barnett, Burwick, Gross, Zargo as partners.

Grapl

mkm13

The amount of talent in the room at the lighter weights including likely redshirts is pretty impressive:

Barnett
Lamont
Burwick
Rivera
Bobzein
Gross
Zargo
Gomez

With LaMont's greco background, I am guessing us having a few really good greco guys on the roster did not hurt.