Quote from: Vir Fortis on March 24, 2022, 02:06:41 AM
Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 22, 2022, 10:30:35 AM
Quote from: wrastle63 on March 22, 2022, 10:17:57 AM
Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 21, 2022, 08:51:43 PM
Quote from: Vir Fortis on March 21, 2022, 08:11:59 PM
Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 21, 2022, 07:53:30 PM
Quote from: Vir Fortis on March 21, 2022, 05:49:01 PM
Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 21, 2022, 10:19:55 AM
Coach Bono said in an interview preseason that he is going to put his best lineup out there every season and that was no longer going to hold anything back. Interesting to see if that holds true.
But IF he is moving to HWT would make sense. He could redshirt with Hillger coming back, take an Olympic year to focus on Freco and then come back at HWT.

It's kinda wild, but the Olympics are coming up the year after next. Amos being a Bronze Medalist at the U23 World Championships I THINK would make him eligible already. I could be wrong on that, but in any event, you could run the risk of going two years without Amos competing at the College level...and at that point, who knows if he comes back, if he's invested in Folkstyle or the program.

Why would it be 2 years? If eligible for an Olympic redshirt that would be the 23-24 season correct? Maybe I am missing something.

The most important for the program is to show that their guys are developing and they're moving in the right direction more than anything else at this point and hopefully Amos is a big part of that.

The suggestion was made that maybe the Badgers would redshirt some of their younger guys who still have a redshirt available this next year. Amos is one of those guys. So if you did that next season, the following year would be the Olympic year. That's why I wouldn't entertain redshirting him from my perspective.

I gotcha, back to back standard redshirt and olympic redshirt. That seems pretty unlikely but you never know.

Certainly could be a possibility but that would be a long time to be away from Folkstyle. I have not chimed in on the BA to HWT discussion because I have no knowledge of any plans whatsoever but I would be surprised.

I know Kyle Snyder did it and they have similar frames/builds but he is Captain America and I think the HWT division is a little different now than one Snyder moved up. I could be wrong. Would not be the first time. Not even the first time I was wrong today.  ;D

There's talk about Ferrari moving up to HWT. A Ferrari-Kerlkvliet matchup(even though I know I'm bypassing Schultz, Cass, Parris among others) would be absolutely must see. Not sure how big Ferrari is...I only know he is a very shy, understated kid who from what I can tell skips leg day!

We gotta remember, just 15 months ago people were talking about Amos being a class above Ferrari...and it wasn't because Ferrari wasn't a stud. So I'd love to see him focused on Freestyle between this year and next and hopefully take that big leap from year 1 to year 2. He was just SO close to pretty much every elite kid he wrestled, it's not envision things clicking for him and him having a big year next year.
Will be interesting if he goes 92kg=202lbs or 97kg=213. Dudley is currently ranked #5 at 92 kg and Amos beat him.

vsmf2010

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 24, 2022, 09:12:00 AM
Coach Bono said in an interview preseason that he is going to put his best lineup out there every season and that was no longer going to hold anything back. Interesting to see if that holds true.
But IF he is moving to HWT would make sense. He could redshirt with Hillger coming back, take an Olympic year to focus on Freco and then come back at HWT.

It's kinda wild, but the Olympics are coming up the year after next. Amos being a Bronze Medalist at the U23 World Championships I THINK would make him eligible already. I could be wrong on that, but in any event, you could run the risk of going two years without Amos competing at the College level...and at that point, who knows if he comes back, if he's invested in Folkstyle or the program.

Why would it be 2 years? If eligible for an Olympic redshirt that would be the 23-24 season correct? Maybe I am missing something.

The most important for the program is to show that their guys are developing and they're moving in the right direction more than anything else at this point and hopefully Amos is a big part of that.

The suggestion was made that maybe the Badgers would redshirt some of their younger guys who still have a redshirt available this next year. Amos is one of those guys. So if you did that next season, the following year would be the Olympic year. That's why I wouldn't entertain redshirting him from my perspective.

I gotcha, back to back standard redshirt and olympic redshirt. That seems pretty unlikely but you never know.

Certainly could be a possibility but that would be a long time to be away from Folkstyle. I have not chimed in on the BA to HWT discussion because I have no knowledge of any plans whatsoever but I would be surprised.

I know Kyle Snyder did it and they have similar frames/builds but he is Captain America and I think the HWT division is a little different now than one Snyder moved up. I could be wrong. Would not be the first time. Not even the first time I was wrong today.  ;D

There's talk about Ferrari moving up to HWT. A Ferrari-Kerlkvliet matchup(even though I know I'm bypassing Schultz, Cass, Parris among others) would be absolutely must see. Not sure how big Ferrari is...I only know he is a very shy, understated kid who from what I can tell skips leg day!

We gotta remember, just 15 months ago people were talking about Amos being a class above Ferrari...and it wasn't because Ferrari wasn't a stud. So I'd love to see him focused on Freestyle between this year and next and hopefully take that big leap from year 1 to year 2. He was just SO close to pretty much every elite kid he wrestled, it's not envision things clicking for him and him having a big year next year.
Will be interesting if he goes 92kg=202lbs or 97kg=213. Dudley is currently ranked #5 at 92 kg and Amos beat him.

I was wondering that too but with him wrestling greco as well that creates an issue. I do not see him going down to 87 for greco so it would be a bit strange to be at 92 for FS and 97 for GR. Unfortunate that the weights are not the same.

dad 2 5

Quote from: crossface21 on March 23, 2022, 12:55:31 PM
Hilger just tweeted that he will be back in 2022-23.

Excellent, I hope they get someone in to really push him and train with him. Grateful for Newton but Trent needs a little more IMO

Vir Fortis

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 24, 2022, 09:12:00 AM

I would be curious to hear how much he's cutting. If he's coming down from 215 or so, just go 97, take the season off from cutting. Or maybe he's walking around at 210 and ~202 isn't that much of a cut.

Harris

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 20, 2022, 12:36:52 PM
Quote from: Harris on March 20, 2022, 11:43:00 AM
Rowley wrestled at 182 this year so I would expect him at 184.

True he did wrestle at 182 for his home state stuff bet we was down for the national events. He wrestled at 173 at Doc B in January and at 175 at the Walsh Ironman in December. I think he could be at either 174 or 184 for the UW.

He just tweeted and it looks like he is planning on 184.

https://twitter.com/TheGOATFollower/status/1507498050964447235

dad 2 5

I see and hear of lots of activity on the transfer portal for other sports. What is being talked about for wrestling? Who could be available?

wrastle63

Quote from: dad 2 5 on April 04, 2022, 11:45:40 AM
I see and hear of lots of activity on the transfer portal for other sports. What is being talked about for wrestling? Who could be available?
Real Woods is going to Iowa

vsmf2010

Kennedy Monday is in the portal at 174 and there was a little bit of rumbling about the UW. Rocky Jordan at 184 is interesting as well.

LeftyHeadlock27

Could Rowley go down to 174 and then we get Rocky Jordan in at 184

tigerking

Quote from: vsmf2010 on April 04, 2022, 01:21:44 PM
Kennedy Monday is in the portal at 174 and there was a little bit of rumbling about the UW. Rocky Jordan at 184 is interesting as well.

Badgers were not in the final 4 for Monday.

tigerking

I see Cody Anderson is leaving.

Badgers could really use a 157, 174, and 184 from the portal. Wouldn't mind Joe Heilman from UNC to come in at 133. Rocky Jordan has a ton of upside at 184.

dad 2 5

Seems like the Badgers should have a little inroads on Jordan with the family history to the program.

Harris

Just asked coach Bono about Garrett Model and he said the plan is he is coming back which is awesome news.

bigoil

Quote from: tigerking on April 04, 2022, 02:09:05 PM
I see Cody Anderson is leaving.

Badgers could really use a 157, 174, and 184 from the portal. Wouldn't mind Joe Heilman from UNC to come in at 133. Rocky Jordan has a ton of upside at 184.
Cale Anderson posted he wants to be a National Champ, love the thought process!

wrastle63

Quote from: Harris on April 04, 2022, 02:59:07 PM
Just asked coach Bono about Garrett Model and he said the plan is he is coming back which is awesome news.
That would be good for the team. Also saw Tate Samuelson from Wyoming entered the portal. He may be a good fit in the upper weights. Also Wyatt Henson 141 Iowa is in the portal. He has had some good results.