way too early 2022-23 line up

Started by dad 2 5, March 19, 2022, 01:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vsmf2010

Coach Bono said in an interview preseason that he is going to put his best lineup out there every season and that was no longer going to hold anything back. Interesting to see if that holds true.

MNbadger

I have always believed this to be a good policy.  I think it is even better nowadays with the high occurrence of transferring. 
Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 21, 2022, 10:19:55 AM
Coach Bono said in an interview preseason that he is going to put his best lineup out there every season and that was no longer going to hold anything back. Interesting to see if that holds true.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

Vir Fortis

It's kinda wild, but the Olympics are coming up the year after next. Amos being a Bronze Medalist at the U23 World Championships I THINK would make him eligible already. I could be wrong on that, but in any event, you could run the risk of going two years without Amos competing at the College level...and at that point, who knows if he comes back, if he's invested in Folkstyle or the program.

The most important for the program is to show that their guys are developing and they're moving in the right direction more than anything else at this point and hopefully Amos is a big part of that.

vsmf2010

Quote from: Vir Fortis on March 21, 2022, 05:49:01 PM

It's kinda wild, but the Olympics are coming up the year after next. Amos being a Bronze Medalist at the U23 World Championships I THINK would make him eligible already. I could be wrong on that, but in any event, you could run the risk of going two years without Amos competing at the College level...and at that point, who knows if he comes back, if he's invested in Folkstyle or the program.

Why would it be 2 years? If eligible for an Olympic redshirt that would be the 23-24 season correct? Maybe I am missing something.

The most important for the program is to show that their guys are developing and they're moving in the right direction more than anything else at this point and hopefully Amos is a big part of that.

Vir Fortis

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 21, 2022, 07:53:30 PM

Why would it be 2 years? If eligible for an Olympic redshirt that would be the 23-24 season correct? Maybe I am missing something.

The suggestion was made that maybe the Badgers would redshirt some of their younger guys who still have a redshirt available this next year. Amos is one of those guys. So if you did that next season, the following year would be the Olympic year. That's why I wouldn't entertain redshirting him from my perspective.

vsmf2010

Quote from: Vir Fortis on March 21, 2022, 08:11:59 PM

The suggestion was made that maybe the Badgers would redshirt some of their younger guys who still have a redshirt available this next year. Amos is one of those guys. So if you did that next season, the following year would be the Olympic year. That's why I wouldn't entertain redshirting him from my perspective.

I gotcha, back to back standard redshirt and olympic redshirt. That seems pretty unlikely but you never know.

wrastle63

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 21, 2022, 08:51:43 PM
But IF he is moving to HWT would make sense. He could redshirt with Hillger coming back, take an Olympic year to focus on Freco and then come back at HWT.

I gotcha, back to back standard redshirt and olympic redshirt. That seems pretty unlikely but you never know.

vsmf2010

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 22, 2022, 10:17:57 AM
But IF he is moving to HWT would make sense. He could redshirt with Hillger coming back, take an Olympic year to focus on Freco and then come back at HWT.

Certainly could be a possibility but that would be a long time to be away from Folkstyle. I have not chimed in on the BA to HWT discussion because I have no knowledge of any plans whatsoever but I would be surprised.

I know Kyle Snyder did it and they have similar frames/builds but he is Captain America and I think the HWT division is a little different now than one Snyder moved up. I could be wrong. Would not be the first time. Not even the first time I was wrong today.  ;D

wrastle63

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 22, 2022, 10:30:35 AM

Certainly could be a possibility but that would be a long time to be away from Folkstyle. I have not chimed in on the BA to HWT discussion because I have no knowledge of any plans whatsoever but I would be surprised.

I know Kyle Snyder did it and they have similar frames/builds but he is Captain America and I think the HWT division is a little different now than one Snyder moved up. I could be wrong. Would not be the first time. Not even the first time I was wrong today.  ;D
LOL same here just throwing it out there. Would allow for 2 years of building his body up. If he is going 197 it obviously doesn't make sense at all.

Jimmy

I don't see Rivera at 33 without a redshirt. He would be a very small 33 next year.

Redeemer

Quote from: Jimmy on March 22, 2022, 03:06:20 PM
I don't see Rivera at 33 without a redshirt. He would be a very small 33 next year.

Agree, Rivera seems more naturally suited for 125, though I don't know his true off-season size. Maybe Barnett would jump to 133, but likely not.

I see Rivera redshirting and wrestling behind Burwick/Barnett or another wrestler.

crossface21

Hilger just tweeted that he will be back in 2022-23.

Harris

imwi

Vir Fortis

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 22, 2022, 10:30:35 AM

There's talk about Ferrari moving up to HWT. A Ferrari-Kerlkvliet matchup(even though I know I'm bypassing Schultz, Cass, Parris among others) would be absolutely must see. Not sure how big Ferrari is...I only know he is a very shy, understated kid who from what I can tell skips leg day!

We gotta remember, just 15 months ago people were talking about Amos being a class above Ferrari...and it wasn't because Ferrari wasn't a stud. So I'd love to see him focused on Freestyle between this year and next and hopefully take that big leap from year 1 to year 2. He was just SO close to pretty much every elite kid he wrestled, it's not envision things clicking for him and him having a big year next year.