Who does the Packers draft.

Started by littleguy301, March 10, 2022, 11:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Ghetto

My podcast partner does a very comprehensive draft guide that he'll put out the first week in April.

But I say they'll go Edge and WR in the first two rounds. If they go by what they've done historically, it'll be Edge in round 1 and WR in round 2.

If Jamerson Williams is healthy enough to play in 2022, I think the Packers will break tradition and draft him at 28.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Vir Fortis

Quote from: Ghetto on March 10, 2022, 11:59:01 AM
My podcast partner does a very comprehensive draft guide that he'll put out the first week in April.

But I say they'll go Edge and WR in the first two rounds. If they go by what they've done historically, it'll be Edge in round 1 and WR in round 2.

If Jamerson Williams is healthy enough to play in 2022, I think the Packers will break tradition and draft him at 28.

Ooh...lets update a little here now.

I'm gonna say if they're available,
Rd1 22 Wyatt DL GA
They've needed another interior pass rusher since they got Clark
Rd1 28-Treylon Burks is an option here and a great fit

Rd 2A Trey McBride the TE from Colorado State could be a great fit
Rd 2B Skyy Moore, Fast WRer who's a good route runner

Rd 3 Definitely an edge if they don't get one in the first four.

Pass Catcher #1 priority
A 3-4 DE who can play the run and rush the passer #2
Edge Rusher
More Pass Catchers

Also, hopefully with Adams traded, MVS, Tonyan and maybe even a Landry will be back.

Ghetto

The MVS ship has sailed for me.

Will the Packers use 22 and 28 to move up? Stay and grab guys where they are?

Now that Adams is gone, one or maybe even two of the first four picks should be WR.

No TE is worth a first round pick IMO.

littleguy301

Trade a second and 4th for DJ Metcalf and draft burke ;D packers have 11picks, correct?

Use a good % of the rest of the picks on OL and DL. Now with the packers suddenly way under the cap look for a edge in FA. I dont like drafting edge for the most part. So much work in progress. Being 20 million under the cap now, there has to be someone that fits that price tag.

Ghetto

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 19, 2022, 09:11:30 AM
Trade a second and 4th for DJ Metcalf and draft burke ;D packers have 11picks, correct?

Use a good % of the rest of the picks on OL and DL. Now with the packers suddenly way under the cap look for a edge in FA. I dont like drafting edge for the most part. So much work in progress. Being 20 million under the cap now, there has to be someone that fits that price tag.

How far along is Robert Woods? Maybe deal for him.

Ghetto

There isn't an edge guy under 30 left besides Z Smith unless you include the dude from the Raiders, who is really an end.

littleguy301

The seahawks.look to be in full rebuild mode. A first, third and 4th and love for dk and Lockett! Then trade a second for.johnson from the steelers! Three wide outs in 2 moves and we still have our 2st and second rounders left to get a DL and OL! 5 players that hopefully 1 makes an impact and bring in fuller on a FA try out to push cobb!

littleguy301

Ok........stupid idea.

Lockett way to much of a cap hit.
Johnson is a FA after this year.

I still say DK for a first and third this year and sign him to a 28 million dollar extention.

Ghetto

The dolphins would give up Devante Parker now that they paid Tyreek Hill a boat load. Maybe a late round pick for him. The Packers are meeting with Traylon Burks today.

littleguy301

Parker would be a good option and very low draft choice also I believe.

I still say make an offer for DK to see. Heck include Love and see what sticks with the Seahawks. Then I can see drafting the WR that has the acl issue or look to grab one in the second instead.

Though DK could command a 30 million dollar extension to make him stick for 3 years total. Lots of things that are very moveable in the trades. I think getting DK would involve basically the same picks as the raiders gave for Adam's and probably a very similar contract so.......

bigoil

Parker and a 5th to Pats for a 3rd i believe done today.

Ghetto

Quote from: bigoil on April 02, 2022, 02:58:48 PM
Parker and a 5th to Pats for a 3rd i believe done today.

Disappointed the Packers weren't able to make this happen.

littleguy301

How about cooks for a third rounder or maybe the Texans might be interested in Love. Cooks for Love or love for Cooks. OK sad attempt in humor there.

I saw a mock draft with the packers taking 2 WR in the first. Dont mind that either. Then if that happens then a couple of DL/EDGE in the second maybe a DB in the third then move onto OL and punter with the next 6 picks.

Ghetto......how about that.

BTW I saw one that had the packers trading both first rounders to move top ten and then a EDGE. I think having 2 first rounders is more value in my eyes.

Ghetto

I am with you LG. I want all four picks in the first two rounds. IMO there is no one in the top edge guys worth giving up the farm for.

We talked WR and TE tonight on the podcast. I'm hoping to get two out next week. Two WR in the first four picks. That's my hope.