Badgers at NCAAs

Started by CLC FAN, March 09, 2022, 10:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where do you think the Badgers land at the end NCAAs?

5 or more AAs and a Top 10 Finish
4 (5.5%)
4 AAs and a Top 15 Finish
25 (34.2%)
3 or fewer AAs and a Top 20 Finish
44 (60.3%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Voting closed: March 23, 2022, 11:30:08 AM

onwisconsin

Quote from: tigerking on March 17, 2022, 10:04:38 PM
Thoughts on Day 1

125: Not ideal for Barnett. Instead of wrestling Glory or lower seeded wrestler in the blood round, he now has Heinselman followed by the winner of Ayala/Camacho followed by the loser of Latona/Suriano. No treat there. If he AAs, he earned it.

133: As expected. No comment at this time.

141: Zargo is legit. Sucks that he has Alirez tomorrow morning. He is battling through all positions though. Hoping for a good match.

149: Gomez is on fire. Looking forward to tomorrow. Him against Andonian may break the clocks.

157: I thought Model wrestled well. Really tough draw.

165: Dean Hamiti is one tough dude. What a comeback win. Big time showdown with Griffith in the AM.

184 As expected. No comment at this time.

197: Tough row to hoe on the backside tomorrow. Happy that he won a match, but going to have to open up to win these next couple.

285: Did Trent's draw get easier by losing first round? Fernandes, Traxler, and Lance is a very doable path for him.

Perfect analysis.  Aggressive Trent I believe can AA today.

CLC FAN

I will say this... I stand by my emotional response analysis at the start of this thread, but...  it feels really good to see kids in UW singlets compete well.  Even in our losses we are not getting ridden for whole periods and looking lost.  This squad has giddy-up, and it's fun to see that.

vsmf2010

Quote from: CLC FAN on March 18, 2022, 09:31:49 AM
I will say this... I stand by my emotional response analysis at the start of this thread, but...  it feels really good to see kids in UW singlets compete well.  Even in our losses we are not getting ridden for whole periods and looking lost.  This squad has giddy-up, and it's fun to see that.

100%! I have said this several time this year that this is my favorite Badger team to watch ever. They wrestle the vast majority of the time regardless of the score or the situation.

I was watching Cole Matthews of Pitt win a 2-2 TB match in the round of 16 and I said to my son that I sure am glad the Badgers do not wrestle like that. If they did I would probably still watch and go to the matches but I would not be very excited about it. I love college wrestling but there is too much much time spent not trying to score. I like the change to a 2 minute 1st period tie breaker but adding riding time to the TB has made things worse. Matthews deferred in the TB and his opponent picked down. He stalled on top for 30 seconds and got the ride out, picked neutral and stalled for 30 more seconds on his feet and won on riding time. I am not picking on the young man from Pitt because that was certainly good strategy to win and he is not the only wrestler doing it but being rewarded for wrestling a minute with no attempt to score is not good for the sport.

onwisconsin

We are very fun to watch. I say this as a fan who wants to see the program reach new levels.  We scrap more and overall are just more competitive.  Sure we all want more, just as the coaches and wrestlers do.   The program is trending in the right direction.  Let's have a great Friday.

DocWrestling

Ayala lost so Barnett has the NC State wrestler
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

CLC FAN

Quote from: DocWrestling on March 18, 2022, 10:23:41 AM
Ayala lost so Barnett has the NC State wrestler

Oh and great job Barnett winning your Friday morning match!!

onwisconsin

Barnett has improved tons this year.  He has more diverse attacks from his feet. He is in more control throughout a match. 

Time to win against Camacho. 

onwisconsin

Dang. That was a dog fight.  AG came out on the wrong end of a few situations.

DocWrestling

Quote from: onwisconsin on March 18, 2022, 11:07:15 AM
Dang. That was a dog fight.  Came out on the wrong end of a few situations.

Lost out on some of those scrambles

npope

So, are you saying Barnett just wrestled Camacho and lost? Need just a little context in the post because people are prone to just go off in a different direction in a given thread without notice or context. Can you clarify, please?
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

onwisconsin

Quote from: npope on March 18, 2022, 11:13:05 AM

So, are you saying Barnett just wrestled Camacho and lost? Need just a little context in the post because people are prone to just go off in a different direction in a given thread without notice or context. Can you clarify, please?

Fixed it above.  Meant Austin.

ankle pick

Quote from: npope on March 18, 2022, 11:13:05 AM

No, Gomez lost.

DocWrestling

DocWrestling

Hamiti lost 10-4

Dropping in the team standings

head57

Hamiti lost the final seconds of each period in that one. Never really got anything going.

Slick ankle pick, though.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!