Badgers at NCAAs

Started by CLC FAN, March 09, 2022, 10:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where do you think the Badgers land at the end NCAAs?

5 or more AAs and a Top 10 Finish
4 (5.5%)
4 AAs and a Top 15 Finish
25 (34.2%)
3 or fewer AAs and a Top 20 Finish
44 (60.3%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Voting closed: March 23, 2022, 11:30:08 AM

onwisconsin

Kaylor is pretty tall.  See how Barnett handles his length.

vsmf2010

Not a great time to go for the big move when you are up 1-0. We had not really seen that risk taking this year. Have to get it done on the back.

onwisconsin

Totally agree.  Barnett may have got caught once early this season, if I remember correctly.  Otherwise he has been consistently solid.  He does love to roll.   Battle back now.

onwisconsin

Gomez attacked and countered Finesilver's attacks so good this match.  Super solid match.

onwisconsin

That's the most nervous I have been during a Hamiti match.  Usually I am just entertained. He is the best we have at putting up loads points from any position.

Ramirez really stalled to get the 3rd period started.  That was maddening to watch. 

Handles II

Quote from: CLC FAN on March 09, 2022, 10:30:08 AM
Just trying to pre-process my emotions lol... I feel like

5 AAs or up likely means 50 points or up means I'm feeling fantastic about the Badgers.

4 AAs could mean anything from mid 30s to mid 40s for points means I'm more happy with the direction of the program than with the outcome of this year's NCAAs and I'm still hungry to see us take a big step forward.

3 AAs.... if they are really high AAs this could have quite a sheen to it and get a lot of people excited... but I still think I'll be somewhere between meh and grrr about the program.  To get to the level of that annual Top 10 status (gotta be Missouri before you can dream about being Iowa/Penn St) we need those blood round wins and multiple semifinalists/finalsits...

Anything under 3 AAs has me wishing for a baseball season to focus on.
Based on an 8th place finish at big 10s, it's pretty logical to  add 6 places to that.  14th maybe?

dad 2 5

that is a big win for Zargo

imwi

What are they challenging in Zargo's match?

DocWrestling

Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

Harris

wrastle63

Good start now hopefully we get a couple more backside WINS!

onwisconsin

Quote from: DocWrestling on March 17, 2022, 08:41:38 PM
Zargo never gives up.

His future ceiling is pretty high IMO.  Keep the motor through 3 periods, get stronger, and keep improving his offense.

He has a tough match against Airez.   He has beat Filius earlier this year if he can get past Airez. 

dad 2 5

2-1 on the front and 3-3 on back.
Hoping the next round on the front 2-0 and on the back 2-2

tigerking

Thoughts on Day 1

125: Not ideal for Barnett. Instead of wrestling Glory or lower seeded wrestler in the blood round, he now has Heinselman followed by the winner of Ayala/Camacho followed by the loser of Latona/Suriano. No treat there. If he AAs, he earned it.

133: As expected. No comment at this time.

141: Zargo is legit. Sucks that he has Alirez tomorrow morning. He is battling through all positions though. Hoping for a good match.

149: Gomez is on fire. Looking forward to tomorrow. Him against Andonian may break the clocks.

157: I thought Model wrestled well. Really tough draw.

165: Dean Hamiti is one tough dude. What a comeback win. Big time showdown with Griffith in the AM.

184 As expected. No comment at this time.

197: Tough row to hoe on the backside tomorrow. Happy that he won a match, but going to have to open up to win these next couple.

285: Did Trent's draw get easier by losing first round? Fernandes, Traxler, and Lance is a very doable path for him.

wrastle63

Quote from: tigerking on March 17, 2022, 10:04:38 PM
Thoughts on Day 1

125: Not ideal for Barnett. Instead of wrestling Glory or lower seeded wrestler in the blood round, he now has Heinselman followed by the winner of Ayala/Camacho followed by the loser of Latona/Suriano. No treat there. If he AAs, he earned it.

133: As expected. No comment at this time.

141: Zargo is legit. Sucks that he has Alirez tomorrow morning. He is battling through all positions though. Hoping for a good match.

149: Gomez is on fire. Looking forward to tomorrow. Him against Andonian may break the clocks.

157: I thought Model wrestled well. Really tough draw.

165: Dean Hamiti is one tough dude. What a comeback win. Big time showdown with Griffith in the AM.

184 As expected. No comment at this time.

197: Tough row to hoe on the backside tomorrow. Happy that he won a match, but going to have to open up to win these next couple.

285: Did Trent's draw get easier by losing first round? Fernandes, Traxler, and Lance is a very doable path for him.
Trent's path did get easier on paper.