Badgers at NCAAs

Started by CLC FAN, March 09, 2022, 10:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where do you think the Badgers land at the end NCAAs?

5 or more AAs and a Top 10 Finish
4 (5.5%)
4 AAs and a Top 15 Finish
25 (34.2%)
3 or fewer AAs and a Top 20 Finish
44 (60.3%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Voting closed: March 23, 2022, 11:30:08 AM

DocWrestling

Brutal way for Amos to give up that 1st takedown.

Just don't know where he is headed.  Looks a bit lost and frustrated out there not knowing what to do.

Had chances to get first takedown and gave one up and then got in position but ran out of time at end of 2nd period
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

onwisconsin

Quote from: DocWrestling on March 17, 2022, 02:19:49 PM
Brutal way for Amos to give up that 1st takedown

It definitely was.

Houndhead

Did Buchanan wrestle yet?

dad 2 5

tough one point loss by Amos and Trent, ouch!

onwisconsin

Hilger had a chance to turn the corner with about 10 seconds left.   He relaxed just a little and allowed Elam to essentially stalemate to end the match. 

Frustrating loss.

DocWrestling

Quote from: dad 2 5 on March 17, 2022, 02:32:15 PM
tough one point loss by Amos and Trent, ouch!

Both lost their matches because they lost the first takedown.  A wise old coach always yelled at us that the guy that gets the first takedown wins 90% of the matches.  Pretty sure he was making it up but the stat may not be too far off.

At this level if you can get that first takedown you can wrestle pretty conservatively and defensively and win the match

DocWrestling

Quote from: onwisconsin on March 17, 2022, 02:33:41 PM
Hilger had a chance to turn the corner with about 10 seconds left.   He relaxed just a little and allowed Elam to essentially stalemate to end the match. 

Frustrating loss.

He absolutely missed that chance.  Just wasn't the urgency there that you thought would be there at the end

Oldtimer

Also note, both Joey and Trent cut the guy in the late third period while tied rather than ride out to OT.  Both lost because they couldn't get the TD.  What happened to the skill of riding?
Beware of the northern sleeper

DocWrestling

Quote from: Oldtimer on March 17, 2022, 02:38:08 PM
Also note, both Joey and Trent cut the guy in the late third period while tied rather than ride out to OT.  Both lost because they couldn't get the TD.  What happened to the skill of riding?

I think both were the right calls.  Zargo looked gassed though and just took a whiff of a shot and gave up the takedown.  Inexperience got him there and likely overly gasses from being choked.

wrastle63

Although not a good round by record with going 3-6 I thought the guys wrestled pretty well. Model had a bad first period, Zargo and Amos both gave their higher ranked opponents all they could handle. A lot of winnable matches this session. Need to do much better than 3-6. Hoping for a 8-1 round!

vsmf2010

Quote from: DocWrestling on March 17, 2022, 02:47:06 PM
Quote from: Oldtimer on March 17, 2022, 02:38:08 PM

I think both were the right calls.  Zargo looked gassed though and just took a whiff of a shot and gave up the takedown.  Inexperience got him there and likely overly gasses from being choked.

Agreed, Joey did not look like the same guy after nearly getting choked out. Really looked like he had all the momentum and was heading toward the win up until that point. Pretty disappointing that the official did not stop that.

Harris

This next round is huge for the Badgers.  3 heartbreaking close losses but those matches are over.  I can't wait to see how those young men respond on the backside.

Personally, I would not have had Zargo cut him.  Mathews looked disoriented and winded and the coaching staff had him cut him.  Would love to see how that would have played out if he tried to dominate him on top.  The improvement by Zargo this year has been awesome and I love his fight.  Amos is so close.  We knew Hillger would have to make some noise on the backside.

Super excited to watch Barnett, Gomez and Hamiti tear it up on the front side. 

Interview of Bono on Twitter: https://twitter.com/i/status/1504581256562069506

Let's go!

onwisconsin

Interview of Bono on Twitter: https://twitter.com/i/status/1504581256562069506

Let's go!
[/quote]

Good honest interview.