Previous topic - Next topic

Will Amos be HWT next year?

Yes
13 (28.9%)
No
32 (71.1%)

Total Members Voted: 45

dad 2 5

first question to be answered is does Trent come back for another year? I hear right now Trent ragdolls Braxton in practice, ok, maybe not ragdoll but dominates him. Now does Braxton putting on some pounds to get him to HWY change that? I don't know. HWY has changed a lot with these cut from HS football, athletic, fast guys with full tanks go at it. I know I am one that has been surprised BA has not had the success, win/loss, that I thought he was going to have. I hope he sticks with the Badgers and grows into college. I could see him move to just focusing on international.

Vir Fortis

Quote from: dad 2 5 on March 13, 2022, 12:44:48 PM
first question to be answered is does Trent come back for another year? I hear right now Trent ragdolls Braxton in practice, ok, maybe not ragdoll but dominates him. Now does Braxton putting on some pounds to get him to HWY change that? I don't know. HWY has changed a lot with these cut from HS football, athletic, fast guys with full tanks go at it. I know I am one that has been surprised BA has not had the success, win/loss, that I thought he was going to have. I hope he sticks with the Badgers and grows into college. I could see him move to just focusing on international.

Seems unlikely he'd quit College and just focus on Freestyle. It's one thing if you're a Greco Wrestler, but you'd be walking away from free training, school and access to the RTC without having to worry about much. And for what? His problem is primarily on his feet at the moment from what I can tell.

I also have little doubt Hillger can handle Amos in practice. I'd be pretty surprised if he couldn't. Hillger's a smaller, athletic HWT and has...what, 35 pounds on Amos? Maybe 25 in a normal practice, but he's a stud. 2X AA and his losses are almost all to top 10 HWTs in a year when the weight is particularly loaded.

As for Hillger coming back, his goal going into this season was to be a 2X National Champ...now barring Jeff Gillooly inserting himself into this situation and stationing himself outside of the Twin Cities, that's just not going to happen, but I suppose it does point toward what direction he may be leaning toward next year.

npope

Quote from: Vir Fortis on March 13, 2022, 10:49:53 PM
As for Hillger coming back, his goal going into this season was to be a 2X National Champ...now barring Jeff Gillooly inserting himself into this situation and stationing himself outside of the Twin Cities, that's just not going to happen, but I suppose it does point toward what direction he may be leaning toward next year.

If I am reading this correctly, you are intimating that Steveson's presence is what is standing between Hillger and a title, much less two. While I have always been a fan of his, I would suggest that that "wall of barriers" standing between Thor and being a national champ is stacked about six or seven deep. He is going to have trouble simply getting to the podium this year, much less being among the top finishers - but hoping for the best and that he has a good tournament.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

wrastle63

Quote from: npope on March 14, 2022, 07:16:53 AM
Quote from: Vir Fortis on March 13, 2022, 10:49:53 PM

If I am reading this correctly, you are intimating that Steveson's presence is what is standing between Hillger and a title, much less two. While I have always been a fan of his, I would suggest that that "wall of barriers" standing between Thor and being a national champ is stacked about six or seven deep. He is going to have trouble simply getting to the podium this year, much less being among the top finishers - but hoping for the best and that he has a good tournament.
HWT is certainly a different beast than it was even 3 years ago. Trent did wrestle Cassioppi WAY better at Big Tens. Hoping that he is peaking and wrestles his best at NCAAs. As I posted in a different thread his path is difficult, but very doable to AA. Not many 17 seeds can say that they have beat or outplaced almost every guy that is in there path. Obviously minus Gable.