4x Time State Champ

Started by pauladamski, February 28, 2022, 08:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tex

Wunnacki brothers also did it.  Think about how fortunate one must be to win one and these 2 groups of brothers won 4.  What a feat

bigoil

Quote from: drbrad on February 28, 2022, 07:01:29 PM
With Kole Marko winning 4x along with Hunter a few years back, thinking they are first 4x winning brothers? Any others?
Wunnicke's from Dodgeville.

Houndhead

With Kole Marko winning 4x along with Hunter a few years back, thinking they are first 4x winning brothers? Any others?

Sort of.

Houndhead

Freshman Griffon Marko finished 3rd this year. Is he the first Marko to lose a match at state?

littleguy301

Quote from: Houndhead on March 01, 2022, 07:30:31 AM

Freshman Griffon Marko finished 3rd this year. Is he the first Marko to lose a match at state?

Actually placed fifth and yes.

Great kid also. He will be fine .  there is another brother coming but will not be for awhile! So the markos could be the winningest family.

Spencer's
Prices
Wunnikes

Who am I missing?
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Scramble_king

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 01, 2022, 07:38:54 AM

Great kid also. He will be fine .  there is another brother coming but will not be for awhile! So the markos could be the winningest family.

Spencer's
Prices
Wunnikes

Who am I missing?

Marko's must have an incredible trophy room. Great family that is full of hard workers.

thequad

Bob Berceau missed his sophomore year.
Dan Wery moved down a weight class and won it.
Berceau was unable to qualify for state.
That was the year they changed the weight classes, I believe they eliminated 98 pounds.
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

downtown

The Wunnicke's are going to be hard to beat.  I think there were a total of 5 brothers that wrestled varsity.  I know one of them that went to state in wrestling won a state championship in track.  His name was Trevor.  I bet there has got to be close to 600 victories between those 5.

Also the Yde from Arrowhead was a huge name for a long time.  Not all brothers, but it seemed there was a Yde from Arrowhead at state for like 20 years in a row.

Spencer's
Prices
Wunnikes

Who am I missing?

LKing

Quad, Dan won his title in 1984.  It wasn't until several years later (88-89 season) they went from 98 lbs to 103 lbs.

thequad

Quote from: LKing on March 01, 2022, 06:40:16 PM
Quad, Dan won his title in 1984.  It wasn't until several years later (88-89 season) they went from 98 lbs to 103 lbs.
Bob could not go down to 98. So he had to go up to the next weight and could not qualify.
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

Vir Fortis

Spencer's
Prices
Wunnikes

Who am I missing?

Huh...so sad. 5th as a Freshmen at 145. Real black sheep of the family ;D

I like the "he'll be fine," like taking 5th at a middle weight as a Freshmen is NOT a huge accomplishment! Yeah, I'd guess he would end up doing just fine.

WiscoJack

Spencer's
Prices
Wunnikes

Who am I missing?

The Bianchi family. I believe collectively they have 8 state titles. How many state titles does the Price and Spencer family have? Off the top my head I think the Bianchi’s, Wunnickes’, and Marko’s all have 8. Any other families have more than 8?

LaValle

Wunnickes have 10

Cole - 4 Time
Bobby - 4 Time
TJ 2-Time
A goal without a plan is nothing more than a wish

3wrestle

His dad placed 2nd and 5th
His uncle Aaron took 2nd twice
His uncle Brad placed
His great uncle John Timm placed 2nd when it was one division
With Griff starting at a higher weight then his brothers getting him qualified was the goal and anything else was a bonus. Very few freshman placed at 145 and up
His late fathers goal/hope for his boys win once and do it all as good humans.

Houndhead

Quote from: 3wrestle on March 04, 2022, 08:18:48 AM

His dad placed 2nd and 5th
His uncle Aaron took 2nd twice
His uncle Brad placed
His great uncle John Timm placed 2nd when it was one division
With Griff starting at a higher weight then his brothers getting him qualified was the goal and anything else was a bonus. Very few freshman placed at 145 and up
His late fathers goal/hope for his boys win once and do it all as good humans.

Outstanding!!  I meant no disrespect to Griffon with my post. He did great. I think Dad would be proud of you and his boys!