4x Time State Champ

Started by pauladamski, February 28, 2022, 08:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauladamski

With a few more 4x Time State Champions crowned this past weekend, it got me wondering if any 3x time state champion lost in his bid for a fourth? I know some three time state champs have won two and then lost as a junior and then won as a senior, but i can't remember any three time state champ that lost as going for four.

littleguy301

Kid from Stratford a few years back lost as a senior.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

pauladamski

Thanks littleguy. i actually was going to put in the post - i'm sure this just happened a few years ago - but i didn't. i just thought that would be a major upset to witness.

single_leg_sweep

1989 - Matt Dressel - Johnson Creek, lost in finals as a senior while attempting to become the first 4-timer.

dman

Quote from: single_leg_sweep on February 28, 2022, 09:45:44 AM
1989 - Matt Dressel - Johnson Creek, lost in finals as a senior while attempting to become the first 4-timer.

I watched that match.  And wasn't the kid that beat him a Freshman or something?  From Riverdale?

single_leg_sweep

Quote from: dman on February 28, 2022, 09:48:13 AM

I watched that match.  And wasn't the kid that beat him a Freshman or something?  From Riverdale?

My 2nd trip to Madison when I watched.  Sophmore from Riverdale - Georgeson 4-2 Final.

dman

Quote from: single_leg_sweep on February 28, 2022, 09:51:29 AM
Quote from: dman on February 28, 2022, 09:48:13 AM

My 2nd trip to Madison when I watched.  Sophmore from Riverdale - Georgeson 4-2 Final.

That's right!

Houndhead

I believe Dressel was unbeaten in high school until that match.

Scramble_king

We got to watch 3 special wrestlers do it on Saturday night. Congrats to Tanner, Kole, and Clayton!

Rat

Was Bosman from L/C going for his 4th win Bianchi beat him?

bigoil

Quote from: Rat on February 28, 2022, 12:07:26 PM

Was Bosman from L/C going for his 4th win Bianchi beat him?

Yes

Hungus

Who next up for 4x

Clark - Kaukauna
Scoles - Kewaskum

Off the top of my head, anyone else next up next year?
You're killing me Smalls!!!

Ship-Titan-Wolve

Braydon Sonnetag (Cadott)  and Rhett Koenig (Prairie du Chien)would be 2 more.

Ghetto

Quote from: Houndhead on February 28, 2022, 09:54:52 AM

I believe Dressel was unbeaten in high school until that match.

He was not. Mark Hirschboeck from Muskego beat him the year before at a regular season tournament. (Sun Prairie)
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

drbrad

With Kole Marko winning 4x along with Hunter a few years back, thinking they are first 4x winning brothers? Any others?