STATE BRACKETS OUT

Started by rocker123, February 19, 2022, 09:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boris

Quote from: Feedsack on February 19, 2022, 10:10:22 PM
Ben Askren

D2. 132
Koenig, Hart, Andersen all same side.   1,2,3 wrestlers not in that order same side.

They are ranked 1, 2 and 3 but the seeding is #1, 4 and 5.  Rankings have nothing to do with seeding.

Numbers

Trying to figure out D1 138
Only thing I can come up with is a miscalculation with the common opponents criteria.  Maybe Track is using record vs kids in the bracket?
Blaskowski is 3-0 (all over Blake Heal)
Clark is 2-0 (both over Brady Gille)

No head to head between these two.
I think the only common opponent is Max Ronsman who they both beat.  So then prior year champion would be next criteria to give Clark the 1 seed by earning a seed point vs each of 15 wrestlers in the bracket.

Kmack44

Everyone stop. You all need a life. To be the best, you have to beat the best. Conversation over.

Kmack44

Quote from: Nweiler on February 19, 2022, 09:33:04 PM
Great job messing up the state tournament. Have number 1, 2, 3 ranked guys all on the same side of the bracket. Absolutely stupid

Rankings are just from guy behind a computer ya dork. Stop complaining.

Kmack44

Quote from: benaskren on February 19, 2022, 09:38:58 PM
Good god you guys are being a bunch of Dang babies!  This is soooooo much better than what he had before.  Lots of you just want something to complain about.

Thanks Ben!

takdwn2

145 D 3 dodgeland sectional

Sect champ gets 1 seed at state
2nd at sectionals gets 8th seed at state
3rd at sectionals gets 4th seed at state and a bye

Explain the logic there.

handsandtoes

Seeding is a move in the right direction for sure. But you would think that when the WIAA decided to make such a drastic change they would have did a better job of getting the bugs out. Couple examples: a 3 time defending (undefeated) state champ gets the 2 seed? Or how about this one. D2 120. Ackman lost to Lux 3 weeks in a row and gets a better seed? Not a good showing by the WIAA

Numbers

Quote from: takdwn2 on February 19, 2022, 10:50:47 PM

Explain the logic there.
The 1 is easy to justify.
The sectional 4th seed looks to be justified by prior year state qualifier.  While the sectional 2nd may earn 1 H2H seed point over the 3rd today.  The sectional 3rd is likely earning 6 seed points over state bracket members by prior state qualifier criteria.

Not sure how he gets the 4 over the 5 who was a sectional champ but that might be possible.  Maybe the same seeding points but a higher win percentage moved one to a 4 seed and the other to the 5?

CoachZ

Quote from: handsandtoes on February 19, 2022, 11:09:57 PM
Seeding is a move in the right direction for sure. But you would think that when the WIAA decided to make such a drastic change they would have did a better job of getting the bugs out. Couple examples: a 3 time defending (undefeated) state champ gets the 2 seed? Or how about this one. D2 120. Ackman lost to Lux 3 weeks in a row and gets a better seed? Not a good showing by the WIAA

Dux is #2, Ackman is #3.

Numbers

Quote from: Numbers on February 19, 2022, 10:40:06 PM
Trying to figure out D1 138
Only thing I can come up with is a miscalculation with the common opponents criteria.  Maybe Track is using record vs kids in the bracket?
Blaskowski is 3-0 (all over Blake Heal)
Clark is 2-0 (both over Brady Gille)

No head to head between these two.
I think the only common opponent is Max Ronsman who they both beat.  So then prior year champion would be next criteria to give Clark the 1 seed by earning a seed point vs each of 15 wrestlers in the bracket.
Well on Track under seeding Clark is not listed as even a state qualifier.  Not sure who was supposed to enter that State Champion minor detail.

Numbers

Quote from: Numbers on February 19, 2022, 11:19:59 PM
Quote from: takdwn2 on February 19, 2022, 10:50:47 PM

Explain the logic there.
The 1 is easy to justify.
The sectional 4th seed looks to be justified by prior year state qualifier.  While the sectional 2nd may earn 1 H2H seed point over the 3rd today.  The sectional 3rd is likely earning 6 seed points over state bracket members by prior state qualifier criteria.

Not sure how he gets the 4 over the 5 who was a sectional champ but that might be possible.  Maybe the same seeding points but a higher win percentage moved one to a 4 seed and the other to the 5?
Looks like the returning champion info was not entered but earned the 1 seed anyway.

Someone needs to check into state placements not being used for seeding.

tex

Kole Marko 160 3 time state champ 39-0
Cash Stewart 3rd at state last year 40-1
No Head to head as per criteria 1
No common opponents as per criteria 3
State Place 2021 Marko 1 Stewart 3

And that is the criteria they say they are using.

But Stewart is 1 and Marko 3

I just hate it when adults can not do their jobs and kids pay the price.  Absolutely unacceptable.  And the worst part is I bet anything the WIAA will not say OK this is wrong lets fix it........
And this is by far not the only weight just the most clear one I found...

Someone explain this to us.

littleguy301

Quote from: scfcat on February 19, 2022, 09:37:02 PM
Kole Marko D3 160 is the #3 seed. No offense to the other kids but that is crazy!

I am glad they are at least on different side of this. We can talk on Sunday after state who is number 1.

My whole problem is that it is just a complete mash up with kids stuck on the same side and such. Looking at D1 you have some real messes of brackets seeing the sectional finalist wrestling again the next weekend.

Maybe BEN ASKREN I am a baby but let's think about this, if this is going to happen your going to see alot of FF in sectionals to get different seeds. They are creating an out in all of this that will completely be exposed in due time!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

littleguy301

Quote from: benaskren on February 19, 2022, 09:53:25 PM
Cash Stewart and Kole Marko are the obvious #1 & #2 at 160. They are on opposite sides and will wrestle in the finals.

Whole bunch of babies.  Id rather have the seeds right(or close) than worry about kids who wrestled in sectionals wrestle again. 

Give me a clear #1 & #2 on the same side or get lost.

I get it Ben, name calling is real cool 8)

I can go back on your podcast and you talk about branching out and challenging kids to new competitions and new opponents and we have sectional matches replayed the first round of state. Maybe the chance this is the 7th time they wrestled.

Just like no one here wants to see your Jake Paul fight 5 times either. Be a little smarter on your comments mr askren. We are on to something with the seeding but man there is alot of bugs to work out on this first run at seeding state.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

MNbadger

I absolutely understand some of the complaints about the seeding.  Overall I despise Trackwrestling.
But exclusive of that, wrestlers having wrestled in the previous weekend sectional should have ZERO bearing on seeding (other than head to head or finishing higher in the sectional).  If the seeding criteria /procedure puts them in the bracket so be it.  It is not fair for other competitors and their seeding to be affected just because fans don't want to see them wrestle again. 
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan