D2 #3 Baldwin beats D2 #1 Amery 33-31

Started by The Last Ride, January 27, 2022, 10:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Last Ride

Great match in Amery tonight. Started @ 120 . Big match at 106 between two ranked kids at 106 #12 Baldwin over #7 Amery . 195  Max Ramberg Baldwin over Kale Hoppke Amery 3-1 in OT
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

henry33

I don't think Amery had their regular starter at 106 wrestling.

Harris

shouldvewrestled

Do we dare say the best regional in D2 is in the NW this year leaving 1 of said teams out of a team sectionals trip?

Ghetto

I bet that was an awesome dual. Huge win for BW
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Kwishoff

Great dual, the 106 was not the starter.  Baldwin had an excellent game plan. Little controversy on that 195 match but it was an awesome match. Ramberg is a beast at 195.

littleguy301

Amery regular 106 was out. That was there freshman back up wrestling last night.

Good to see Tylee back in the line up, that is going to be nice for amery come regionals and 2 more weeks to heal.

To be honest both teams full line up was not on display last night but with kids out there certainly put on a show.

Amery certainly did a awesome job for their duals! Great set up, music and crowd involvement. Also itmwqs live streamed on amery Facebook sight.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

panther93

Must have been a great dual meet. 

The Middle Boarder is really tough this year.  Three ranked teams plus traditional power house Ellsworth.  30+ ranked wrestlers and 8 ranked in the top three at their respective weight classes.  The regional at St. Croix Central will be something to watch with Amery, BW, SCC, Osceola, LGFS, and Somerset(29 ranked wrestlers as of the last set of rankings with 8 of them in the top 3)

It will be interesting to see how things shake out and what weight some of the wrestlers decide to go on that day.

The Last Ride

Quote from: littleguy301 on January 28, 2022, 08:35:24 AM
Amery regular 106 was out. That was there freshman back up wrestling last night.

Good to see Tylee back in the line up, that is going to be nice for amery come regionals and 2 more weeks to heal.

To be honest both teams full line up was not on display last night but with kids out there certainly put on a show.

Amery certainly did a awesome job for their duals! Great set up, music and crowd involvement. Also itmwqs live streamed on amery Facebook sight.

Thanks, I wondered about 106 because the Baldwin kid was dominating and I see the Amery kid was in the finals at Northen Badger. Good match ,good sportsmanship in a close match between two highly ranked teams.
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

hammer

Houndhead

Congrats to B/W.  The bad part is that a individual regional while decide who represents this regional in the team sectional.

Redeemer

Quote from: Houndhead on January 28, 2022, 01:05:56 PM
Congrats to B/W.  The bad part is that a individual regional while decide who represents this regional in the team sectional.

WIAA is still in the dark ages on some aspects, unfortunately.

thequad

Quote from: Redeemer on January 28, 2022, 02:41:22 PM

yes this is the situation it just shifted to the different sides of the state.
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

shouldvewrestled

Quote from: thequad on January 28, 2022, 05:20:06 PM

Would argue it's been an issue in all areas of the state the whole time. That certain NE D2 regional is just a prime example of WIAA not listening.

littleguy301

Quote from: thequad on January 28, 2022, 05:20:06 PM

It has been for awhile now actually since then start of team state. Remember Ellsworth in the 90's were always a close second to BW. Then neilsville to Ellsworth in the 2000's and then amery to Ellsworth in the 2010's. I remember single digit sectional matches in alot often and those mentioned teams winning state by alot more than they won at sectionals. It is tough all over!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet