Luxemburg Casco vs Coleman results

Started by thequad, January 14, 2022, 01:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thequad

I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

Steve_L

Weight
Summary
LUCA
COL
Peter Kuchta (Coleman) over Sebastian Sauter (Luxemburg-Casco) (Fall 3:10)
Cole Klimek (Coleman) over Ezra Waege (Luxemburg-Casco) (Dec 3-0)
Trace Schoenebeck (Luxemburg-Casco) over Unknown (For.)
Luke VanDonsel (Luxemburg-Casco) over Adam Fonder (Coleman) (Fall 1:27)
Brody Zahn (Coleman) over Joseph Chervenka (Luxemburg-Casco) (MD 11-0)
Jake Jandrin (Luxemburg-Casco) over Conner Markiewicz (Coleman) (MD 9-0)
Isaac Jerabek (Luxemburg-Casco) over Raymond Lemieux (Coleman) (Dec 5-3)
Blakelee Bastien (Luxemburg-Casco) over John Nowak (Coleman) (MD 10-2)
Easton Worachek (Luxemburg-Casco) over Brady Gross (Coleman) (Fall 1:05)
Caleb Delebreau (Luxemburg-Casco) over Chance Gruber (Coleman) (Dec 3-0)
Max Ronsman (Luxemburg-Casco) over Micha Kuchta (Coleman) (Fall 3:25)
Karson Casper (Coleman) over Unknown (For.)
William Bieber (Coleman) over Tristan Thiry (Luxemburg-Casco) (Fall 1:47)
Owen Kinziger (Coleman) over Unknown (For.)
Team Score:

CrossAnkle

It was a great dual meet!! It could have gone either way!

downtown

So the number 1 ranked team in division three wrestles the number 2 ranked team in division 2 and they forfeit 3 weight classes.  Two incredibly strong programs that have been dominate in the state of Wisconsin since the inception of boys wrestling by the WIAA with having 23 team state championships between the two of them.  But people want to think that we don't have too many weight classes.  Interesting.

padre

Quote from: downtown on January 14, 2022, 06:57:16 PM
So the number 1 ranked team in division three wrestles the number 2 ranked team in division 2 and they forfeit 3 weight classes.  Two incredibly strong programs that have been dominate in the state of Wisconsin since the inception of boys wrestling by the WIAA with having 23 team state championships between the two of them.  But people want to think that we don't have too many weight classes.  Interesting.

Just an FYI as apparently you don't want to take the time but LC had a full team last dual as did Coleman.  It's never going to be easy to always fill 14 weights for many reasons.

While I'm not advocating whether we should or shouldn't cut weights your perspective had no bearing when discussing these two teams.

downtown

There is always an excuse/reason from the camp of not reducing weight classes.  The simple fact and numbers support that two of the greatest programs this state has ever produced on a non "down" year for them couldn't field a full lineup.  I am sure you can and will use the excuse of COVID, injury, kid missed weight, ect....  The fact is that two of the top teams in the state not only of this season but of all time obviously have a hard time fielding a full team if everything isn't going just right for them.

BrokeHimOnBottom

Quote from: downtown on January 15, 2022, 09:05:21 AM
There is always an excuse/reason from the camp of not reducing weight classes.  The simple fact and numbers support that two of the greatest programs this state has ever produced on a non "down" year for them couldn't field a full lineup.  I am sure you can and will use the excuse of COVID, injury, kid missed weight, ect....  The fact is that two of the top teams in the state not only of this season but of all time obviously have a hard time fielding a full team if everything isn't going just right for them.

This is one of the worst arguments I've ever heard. You are going of the results of one dual, one that LC had already won after the 138lb match. Casco also has a ranked kid a both 160 and 152 that didn't wrestle and the kid they did wrestle at 152 has wrestled 145 this year already. Not to mention they had a second kid wrestle 160 in the same night. That team is plenty full and there are plenty of legit reasons why some of their kids might have wrestled. Biggest two being Casco's 160 getting hurt at the bistate and the dual being over so no need to throw a backup out there. I really don't care if they remove weight classes or not, but do a little more research before you start running your mouth on stuff you don't understand.