at Maryland January 28

Started by TomM, January 10, 2022, 05:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harris

imwi

Not sure what happened there with that

mkm13

Good overall, a lot of wins, although Maryland is bad.  Good to see Amos win against a solid opponent, although another one where he didnt get a takedown and gave one up.  Kind of surprising.

onwisconsin

Watching Iowa/PSU now.  Can't wait til we have this electricity in the Fieldhouse. 

Harris

Wisconsin over Maryland 39 - 4
event date: 01/28/22

125   #15 Eric Barnett    #219 Zach Spence   W FALL 2:42
133   #67 Kyle Burwick    #22 King Sandoval   W DEC 5 - 0
141   #32 Joseph Zargo    #104 Danny Bertoni   W DEC 6 - 4
149   #225 Aidan Medora   #102 Michael North    L MD 10 - 2
157   #29 Garrett Model    #189 Conner Decker   W MD 12 - 0
165   #6 Dean Hamiti    #43 Gaven Bell   W FALL 4:43
174   #21 Andrew McNally    #90 Dominic Solis   W FALL 6:37
184   #37 Chris Weiler    #17 Kyle Cochran   W MD 12 - 4
197   #30 Braxton Amos    #28 Jaron Smith   W DEC 6 - 2
285   #9 Trent Hillger    #59 Zach Schrader   W MD 17 - 5

dad 2 5

Hard to measure this dual as Maryland is struggling but McNally and Amos wins stood out to me. McNally especially. Have to see how he is going forward.

vsmf2010

Great showing by UW against a pretty weak team. Weiler was the highlight for me. Back to back majors over top 25 guys. Definitely should help with seeding and potentially an at large berth if he is unable to wrestle his way in.

ankle pick

Quote from: onwisconsin on January 28, 2022, 08:31:49 PM
Watching Iowa/PSU now.  Can't wait til we have this electricity in the Fieldhouse.

That will never happen.

PAUL

You may be right but I hope that you are wrong.  Never is a long, long time....

dad 2 5

Do we know why Gomez was held out last night?

2014-2015 6-2 in the B1G. It would be good to see that matched if they can go 1-1 in these last two duals

onwisconsin

Quote from: vsmf2010 on January 28, 2022, 10:53:27 PM
Great showing by UW against a pretty week team. Weiler was the highlight for me. Back to back majors over top 25 guys. Definitely should help with seeding and potentially an at large berth if he is unable to wrestle his way in.
Nice to think Weiler could be getting back to where he was last year during the season.

Harris

Quote from: ankle pick on January 29, 2022, 12:03:07 AM
Quote from: onwisconsin on January 28, 2022, 08:31:49 PM

That will never happen.

That's what they used to say about women's volleyball and the football team before Alvarez.  If the wrestling team wins a few Big and NCAA titles like Iowa and Penn State you will see a whole new fieldhouse experience in my opinion.  One of my high school classmates was on the women's volleyball team back in the day and it was nothing like it is now. 

Harris

Quote from: dad 2 5 on January 29, 2022, 08:34:31 AM

2014-2015 6-2 in the B1G. It would be good to see that matched if they can go 1-1 in these last two duals

He was pretty sore after his last match.  Go re-watch the ending.  I think a week off right now for him was to just give him a chance to rest up midway through the season.  You could see him jumping around in the background during one of the matches last night so I think this is just resting up some nagging injuries.

vsmf2010

Quote from: Harris on January 29, 2022, 09:01:23 AM
Quote from: dad 2 5 on January 29, 2022, 08:34:31 AM

He was pretty sore after his last match.  Go re-watch the ending.  I think a week off right now for him was to just give him a chance to rest up midway through the season.  You could see him jumping around in the background during one of the matches last night so I think this is just resting up some nagging injuries.

His knee has been regularly bothering him and I imagine this was the perfect time to give him some rest. It looked really bad at the matmen on the first day but he was back okay for the second and he has been icing it after every match. It looked pretty bad again at Purdue so I am sure he just need it to calm down.  It does not appear to be a torn ligament based on his recovery. I thought maybe torn Mencius (I have a little personal experience with that) but it may actually be knee bursitis.

stbird

Badgers looked awesome Friday. There were more WI fans at the match than Terps fans.  Great to meet Mr. Weiler and sit next to Mr. Zargo. Braxton also had some fans come in from WV.  During every match you could see the Badgers get stronger while the Terps faded. Our conditioning looked great!  This team is getting stronger every week!