Kale Hopke of Amery
Carter Grewe of Abbotsford/Colby

Koy Hopke of Amery
Gavin Tegels of Cadott

Robert Beese of Amery
Vito Massa of River Falls

RF_Super_Fan

Championship Results
* 106  - Wyatt Unser (Glenwood City) 12-1, Fr. over Brendan Burke (Amery) 13-5, Jr. (Dec 7-6)
* 113 - Colton Hush (Baldwin-Woodville) 19-0, So. over Travis Moelter (River Falls) 17-5, Jr. (TF-1.5 5:54 (18-2))
* 120 - Dawson Johnson (Cumberland) 21-0, So. over Luke Dux (Neillsville-Greenwood-Loyal) 13-4, Jr. (Dec 6-5)
* 126 - Brayden Sonnentag (Cadott) 17-1, Jr. over Hunter Bonte (Baldwin-Woodville) 15-4, Sr. (Fall 3:19)
* 132 - Tanner Gerber (Cameron) 17-0, Sr. over Joey Showalter (Elkhorn) 14-3, Sr. (TF-1.5 4:53 (17-1))
* 138 - Taedon Nichols (Luck/Frederic/Grantsburg/Siren) 20-0, Sr. over Dominic Leintz (Clear Lake) 20-2, Jr. (Dec 6-0)
* 145 - Tanner Halopka (Abbotsford/Colby) 17-0, So. over Jayme Zvolena (Neillsville-Greenwood-Loyal) 14-3, Jr. (Fall 2:53)
* 152 - Wyatt Ingham (Amery) 12-4, So. over Tristan Drier (Cadott) 16-2, Jr. (SV-1 3-1)
* 160 - Kole Marko (St. Croix Falls) 14-0, Sr. over Bowen Rothbauer (Bloomer/Colfax) 19-2, Sr. (MD 11-3)
* 170 - Devin Wasley (St. Croix Central) 19-0, Sr. over Eddie Simes (Amery) 13-3, Sr. (MD 10-1)
* 182 - Ian Smith (Northwestern) 20-1, So. over Tyler Dormanen (Boyceville) 18-2, Sr. (Dec 7-3)
* 195 - Kale Hopke (Amery) 14-2, Sr. over Carter Grewe (Abbotsford/Colby) 15-1, Sr. (Dec 5-3)
* 220 - Koy Hopke (Amery) 15-0, So. over Gavin Tegels (Cadott) 17-1, Sr. (MD 14-2)
* 285 - Vito Massa (River Falls) 16-0, Sr. over Robert Beese (Amery) 14-2, Sr. (Dec 8-4)

Ledger

I did a little double take when I saw Vito Mass as the HWT champ, as I don't recall him as a big man.  Checked out his trackwrestling profile and from what I can gather he's wrestled in just about every single weight class in high school wrestling now that he's a HWT.  Can anybody confirm this?  That's a rare accomplishment if its true (and quite the growth spurt :))

beastmode

Quote from: Ledger on January 01, 2022, 08:22:51 AM
I did a little double take when I saw Vito Mass as the HWT champ, as I don't recall him as a big man.  Checked out his trackwrestling profile and from what I can gather he's wrestled in just about every single weight class in high school wrestling now that he's a HWT.  Can anybody confirm this?  That's a rare accomplishment if its true (and quite the growth spurt :))

I heard he weighed in at 199 lbs.  Did you see the 195 and 220, weight classes? My guess is he knew his best chance to win it was at 285.
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.
Steve Prefontaine

sled77

Quote from: Ledger on January 01, 2022, 08:22:51 AM

It was stated on the electronic bulletin board during the final that he has won a match in every weight class...quite impressive, as was his finals match against Amery.

Wis-Mallard

Vitto wrestled in Minnesota during middle school and his freshman year so that is where he got his wins at the lightest weight classes.

He lost to Kale Hopke (195 Champ) in the last second during the Amery River Falls dual last year. Beese is the #2 overall HWT in the state according to the latest Flowrestling rankings for WI.

Redeemer

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

RF_Super_Fan

Quote from: Redeemer on January 01, 2022, 05:43:10 PM
Massa may be the #1 HWT in the state now.

Let's not get carried away here.  Last I checked he's HM @ 182.   ;D

tex

Great Tournament with some outstanding semi and final matches.  5 kids from that tournament have a good chance at becoming 4 time state champions.  (Not including any of the freshman of course). I think 6 returning state champions and 14 state finalists. Very impressive.  Thanks to all the people that worked hard to make it happen.

Redeemer

Quote from: RF_Super_Fan on January 01, 2022, 08:08:57 PM
Quote from: Redeemer on January 01, 2022, 05:43:10 PM
Massa may be the #1 HWT in the state now.

Let's not get carried away here.  Last I checked he's HM @ 182.   ;D

If he controlled a fully healthy Beese, that indicates he could beat Empey and the rest of the D1 hwts.

Jaren Rohde from Point also has a strong chance to be the best HWT in the state after winning OTW over some well accomplished hwts.

Kwishoff

Massa had a good strategy going into that match.  Not sure he could pull that off against Beese again.