Cheesehead

Started by kluevercoach, December 25, 2021, 05:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ledger

Quote from: Austin_Hanson on January 05, 2022, 09:34:17 AM
QuoteWho Will be the Top Scoring WI Team to Place?

• Wisconsin Rapids
  • Kaukauna
  • Arrowhead
  • Amery
  • Fennimore
  • Mukwonago
  • Other?

Reply with your picks!

I'll go with Amery.  If Amery has all of their state placers returning I could see them knocking off one of the nationally ranked teams.

madeyson

Quote from: BrokeHimOnBottom on January 05, 2022, 11:08:08 AM
Quote from: NoFooForU on January 03, 2022, 08:53:42 PM
145# weight class.  wow.

Yeah this weight is going to be very exciting with all the highly ranked guys. For those who don't remember, that Tommy Curran from Dekalb is the guy who Matty Bianchi in the Dells offseason tournament a year or two ago and he's ranked 2nd in his division. It'll be interesting to see how our top ranked guys in D1 and D2 fair against these out of state studs. Unfortunately, Stratford isn't there so we are missing our top ranked guy in D3 who could be the best of the 3.

Unfortunately it appears DeKalb has withdrawn from the Cheesehead this weekend so take Tommy out of the mix - still a brutal weight - but a little less challenging.

Austin_Hanson

Quote from: madeyson on January 05, 2022, 01:46:27 PM
145# weight class.  wow.

Yeah this weight is going to be very exciting with all the highly ranked guys. For those who don't remember, that Tommy Curran from Dekalb is the guy who Matty Bianchi in the Dells offseason tournament a year or two ago and he's ranked 2nd in his division. It'll be interesting to see how our top ranked guys in D1 and D2 fair against these out of state studs. Unfortunately, Stratford isn't there so we are missing our top ranked guy in D3 who could be the best of the 3.

Unfortunately it appears DeKalb has withdrawn from the Cheesehead this weekend so take Tommy out of the mix - still a brutal weight - but a little less challenging.

Yes unfortunately DeKalb had some Covid Issues and their administration is restricting them to travel!
Social Media Expert for the Cheesehead

NoFooForU

145# weight class.  wow.

Stratford isnt there, so who the heck cares about them.

NoFooForU

Quote from: Ledger on January 05, 2022, 12:27:46 PM

• Wisconsin Rapids
  • Kaukauna
  • Arrowhead
  • Amery
  • Fennimore
  • Mukwonago
  • Other?

Reply with your picks!

I'll go with Amery.  If Amery has all of their state placers returning I could see them knocking off one of the nationally ranked teams.

I dont think Amery will finish better than top 6 WI teams. 

400excracer

Will the Cheesehead be televised this year?

Steve_L

THE WISCONSIN WRESTLER
Cheesehead Preview with Scott Kluever
JAN 04, 2022 SEASON 3 EPISODE 42

The Godfather of the Cheesehead himself, Scott Kluever, joins us on the show for a preview of the Cheesehead Invitational taking place this Friday and Saturday! We discuss the new teams joining the tournament, the tri between three nationally ranked teams (Simley MN, Lockport Township IL, Southeast Polk IA)  taking place the night before the tournament, and then jump right into our preview of every weight class. We look at nationally ranked wrestlers, potentially big matches, and just take in how stacked each weight class is in their own way. We of course have some trivia and great side conversations along the way, and of course we celebrate Scott becoming our most frequent guest on the show!

Follow the Cheesehead on Twitter- @Cheesehead_HS
Streaming Link for Cheesehead Duals (Link for Tournament to come)- https://www.rokfin.com/stream/12648/Cheesehead-Duals-

Podcast Link:  https://wiwrestling.com/wisconsin-wrestler-podcast/

Check our our new sponsor Fun Company Gameroom Store!- https://www.funcompanygamestore.com/

Austin_Hanson

Quote from: 400excracer on January 06, 2022, 06:37:43 AM
Will the Cheesehead be televised this year?

Finals will be televised at a later date. However, Semi-Finals and the Duals tonight will be live streamed on Illinois Rokfin page for purchase.

https://www.rokfin.com/ppv/8/The-2022-Cheesehead-Duals--SemifinalsFinals-
Social Media Expert for the Cheesehead

The Last Ride

Any results on the duals last night? When will wrestling start today? Thanks, Looks like another great tournament.
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

SayHey42

On the Nelson vs Hopke finals match the scoring has 3 'WOW!'. Any idea what that's referring to?

bigoil

WI with 4 champs in a row 

wrastle63

Quote from: NoFooForU on January 05, 2022, 10:27:17 PM
Quote from: Ledger on January 05, 2022, 12:27:46 PM

• Wisconsin Rapids
  • Kaukauna
  • Arrowhead
  • Amery
  • Fennimore
  • Mukwonago
  • Other?

Reply with your picks!

I dont think Amery will finish better than top 6 WI teams.
Lol!

rmk12175

Some Wi Team Scores from the Cheesehead:

Kaukauna High School 454.0

Amery  409.5

Hillsboro 397.0

Arrowhead Union 375.0

Stoughton 276.5

Wisconsin Rapids 276.0

Aquinas 266.5

Fennimore 245.0

FinalWord

I believe it's Hillsboro MO not WI with 397.
" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

rmk12175

FW, right you are. My bad.