Minnesota christmas tournament

Started by thequad, December 16, 2021, 12:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmk12175

Team Results from MN

Kaikauna 5th place (7 place winners)

Luxe Casco 12th place ( 3 place winners)

Holmen 33rd (2 place winners)

All in all lots of great wrestling.

FinalWord

Does West Bend count?
#15 with 4 placers.
" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

rmk12175

Yes, sorry. Left out Oconto Falls too who finished 26th.

thequad

Kaukauna sure looks tough.
Really tough tournament!
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

rmk12175

Kaukauna had a nice tournament.  A bit of a tough round in the 1 through 6 placement matches, but all in all a very good showing.  They have a very solid group of juniors.

factfinder

Quote from: Handles II on December 17, 2021, 07:43:45 AM
Quote from: thequad on December 16, 2021, 04:18:09 PM
Aren't there usually a lot more teams in this tournament?
Usually 36-40 teams. Looks like 30 this year.

There were all full teams there this year so the brackets we as big and in some cases bigger.

shouldvewrestled

There were 9 full teams there, many brackets were smaller than in the past actually.

MNbadger

I think it was 152 that had many byes.  I do know many teams have been stuck by influenza A the last few weeks.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

factfinder

Quote from: shouldvewrestled on December 19, 2021, 09:25:45 PM
There were 9 full teams there, many brackets were smaller than in the past actually.
They were all over 12 wrestlers but a lot of the teams had to pull kids out with flu and cover symptoms, at least 45 kids total.

shouldvewrestled

Quote from: factfinder on December 20, 2021, 06:32:38 PM
Quote from: shouldvewrestled on December 19, 2021, 09:25:45 PM
They were all over 12 wrestlers but a lot of the teams had to pull kids out with flu and cover symptoms, at least 45 kids total.
Where are you looking? Click on teams on the event and it shows many teams with 11 or under? Many teams did have 12 or more which was good to see but not all.  Click on weights on event menu and it shows how many per weight class and its around 30 for most brackets.

Still very tough tournament for all involved who went cant take that away just Still slightly smaller this year in first year post covid tournament shutdowns.