Exciting Match-Ups This Week / Week of 12-16-2021

Started by TomM, December 15, 2021, 08:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muskie89

Quote from: BrokeHimOnBottom on December 16, 2021, 02:36:43 PM
Quote from: muskie89 on December 16, 2021, 07:42:23 AM
Quote from: BrokeHimOnBottom on December 15, 2021, 09:15:04 PM
D2 4th ranked Winneconne over D3 9th ranked Shiocton 38-35.

Friend who went said it was one of the best duels he has witnessed in a while. Despite giving up 3 forfeits, Shiocton was still able to keep it this close and probably could've won with a pin at 195 or hwt. The Harts and Meunier were great as always, but watch out for this Carton. Apparently he was giving Kleinschmidt the business 8-2 early in the 2nd when Kleinschmidt got hurt and injury defaulted. Hope he's alright. Overall sounded like a crazy duel, wish I could've made it...

Carton just beat 4 ranked guys within the last two weeks and somehow fell out of the new rankings... ???

Shioctin has some dawgs on their team - fighting for every point it seems like.

I am no fan of Shiocton, but yeah him falling out of the rankings is just absurd.

*Shioctin

BrokeHimOnBottom

Quote from: Redeemer on December 17, 2021, 09:52:13 AM
The Tigers have looked strong. Bi-State will feature them with MP, IGH, Lux-Casco, Holmen, and others, so I am looking forward to that.

The top of D3 team-wise is pretty tight for the top 7 or so teams.

I couldn't agree more! Especially after the IGH and Aquinas performances in the Dells Duels, it seems to be a toss up for who will come out on top in D3 this year. My early season prediction is Aquinas. What is everyone else thinking?

BrokeHimOnBottom

Quote from: muskie89 on December 17, 2021, 11:21:31 AM

Friend who went said it was one of the best duels he has witnessed in a while. Despite giving up 3 forfeits, Shiocton was still able to keep it this close and probably could've won with a pin at 195 or hwt. The Harts and Meunier were great as always, but watch out for this Carton. Apparently he was giving Kleinschmidt the business 8-2 early in the 2nd when Kleinschmidt got hurt and injury defaulted. Hope he's alright. Overall sounded like a crazy duel, wish I could've made it...

Carton just beat 4 ranked guys within the last two weeks and somehow fell out of the new rankings... ???

I am no fan of Shiocton, but yeah him falling out of the rankings is just absurd.

*Shioctin

Apologies muskie89, I've can't believe I have been spelling it wrong this whole time  :o

muskie89

Henry Amborn, RSC over Trenton Dow, STO 3-1 at Badger State

tigerking

Stratford over Brillion, Marshfield, and Freedom at the Shawano Holiday Classic. Tigers are rolling into BiState.

Redeemer

Quote from: muskie89 on December 17, 2021, 11:21:31 AM

*Shioctin

Shiocton

rmk12175

Kaukauna wrestles Appleton North this evening.

Some interesting possible matchups:

Greyson Clark versus Jake Stoffel at 138 or 145 (Greyson wrestled 138 at the Christmas tournament, but has also wrestled 145)
Drew Wendzicki versus Brock Arndt at 195 (Drew wrestled 182 at the Christmas tournament, but has wrestled at 195)
Ethan Hansen versus Ben Krueger at HWT

There could be others that I'm missing. I don't know Appleton North's lineup well at all.  Greyson is likely too much for Jake Stoffel, but the other two matches may be interesting. 

tigerking

Stratford Tigers take on Weyauwega-Fremont, Random Lake, and Cedar Grove-Belgium tonight. Should be a lot of great matches. Could see Drexler vs Erickson.