Exciting Match-Ups This Week / Week of 12-16-2021

Started by TomM, December 15, 2021, 08:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Exciting Match-Ups This Week / Week of 12-16-2021

What are you looking forward to? What have you seen happen that caught your eye?

Send special results to the WIWrestling Ranking Committee

2021-2022 WIWrestling Ranking Suggestion Portals (Individual/Team)

Below are the links for submitting ranking suggestions this season.
Note: In the Individual Form the final question states "Significant 2018-19 In-Season Victories".
This is for the 2021-2022 Season.
Please begin sending your ranking suggestions for individuals and teams.

Be sure to fill in all areas of the forms and post your email address.
Suggestions with no name and/or email address will be deleted and not considered.
Thanks,
Tom

Individual Ranking Form
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScshliz0Rk1Dxs49qD-VdDORafNUT89SKDwjsoaEz7UCPzxrg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Team Ranking From
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeql64ycKbV9n1ljQYyWxdWLN9e8Wcjj37TsZaMVHTJQ4uEHw/viewform?usp=sf_link
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

BrokeHimOnBottom

D2 4th ranked Winneconne over D3 9th ranked Shiocton 38-35.

Friend who went said it was one of the best duels he has witnessed in a while. Despite giving up 3 forfeits, Shiocton was still able to keep it this close and probably could've won with a pin at 195 or hwt. The Harts and Meunier were great as always, but watch out for this Carton. Apparently he was giving Kleinschmidt the business 8-2 early in the 2nd when Kleinschmidt got hurt and injury defaulted. Hope he's alright. Overall sounded like a crazy duel, wish I could've made it...

muskie89

Quote from: BrokeHimOnBottom on December 15, 2021, 09:15:04 PM

Friend who went said it was one of the best duels he has witnessed in a while. Despite giving up 3 forfeits, Shiocton was still able to keep it this close and probably could've won with a pin at 195 or hwt. The Harts and Meunier were great as always, but watch out for this Carton. Apparently he was giving Kleinschmidt the business 8-2 early in the 2nd when Kleinschmidt got hurt and injury defaulted. Hope he's alright. Overall sounded like a crazy duel, wish I could've made it...

Carton just beat 4 ranked guys within the last two weeks and somehow fell out of the new rankings... ???

Shioctin has some dawgs on their team - fighting for every point it seems like.

ObsessedObserver

The Minnesota christmas tournament is this weekend and I saw two new Wisconsin teams in attendance those being west bend west and Oconto Falls!
List of Wisconsin teams competing at this tournament
D1
#1 Kaukauna
#2 Holmen
#12 River Falls
NR West Bend West
D2
#2 Luxembourg Casco
#10 Oconto falls

182 should be an incredible bracket to watch as it holds the top two placers at super 32 and Connor Mirasola as well as another top nationally ranked guy from minnesota all in all its going to be a fun week in Rochester

tigerking

Quote from: ObsessedObserver on December 16, 2021, 08:31:57 AM
The Minnesota christmas tournament is this weekend and I saw two new Wisconsin teams in attendance those being west bend west and Oconto Falls!
List of Wisconsin teams competing at this tournament
D1
#1 Kaukauna
#2 Holmen
#12 River Falls
NR West Bend West
D2
#2 Luxembourg Casco
#10 Oconto falls

182 should be an incredible bracket to watch as it holds the top two placers at super 32 and Connor Mirasola as well as another top nationally ranked guy from minnesota all in all its going to be a fun week in Rochester

Is Whiting down to 182 yet? He would add to the mix at 182. Hopefully they have this tournament live streamed because it looks like a ton of great wrestling.

ObsessedObserver

Another great tournament in wisconsin going on this weekend is the E.H. Stech invitational it has a lot of top ranked teams and it is hosted in west Allis
Current ranked Teams listed are
D1
#3 Mukwonago
#5 Wisconsin Rapids
#11 Nicolet
D2
D3
#1 Coleman

While a lot of teams are unranked that are going there Franklin will be there new Berlin and some other teams with some stud wrestlers mixed throughout the weights it should be a very fun one

BrokeHimOnBottom

Quote from: muskie89 on December 16, 2021, 07:42:23 AM
Quote from: BrokeHimOnBottom on December 15, 2021, 09:15:04 PM

Carton just beat 4 ranked guys within the last two weeks and somehow fell out of the new rankings... ???

Shioctin has some dawgs on their team - fighting for every point it seems like.

I am no fan of Shiocton, but yeah him falling out of the rankings is just absurd.

LWW14

Appleton West over Hortonville tonight 37-36. The dual ended 36-36 and came down to a tie breaker, great job to both teams!!

Binfiller

D2 220lb #3 Garrett Kilgas of Brillion pins D2 195 #8 Chase Matthias of Two Rivers in the 3rd period of a back and forth match.

tigerking

Quote from: Binfiller on December 17, 2021, 03:25:53 AM
D2 220lb #3 Garrett Kilgas of Brillion pins D2 195 #8 Chase Matthias of Two Rivers in the 3rd period of a back and forth match.

Kilgas is tough. I believe he would be a 195 pounder if Galoff wasn't there already. He could be one of those guys that has more success at 220 pounds than at 195 pounds. Brillion has a few tough tournaments coming up that will really test this team.

tigerking

Oconto Falls 43 Freedom 28

Oconto Falls is quietly making a push to be one of the top teams in this sectional again led by tough lightweights and Clayton Whiting. They have already defeated Wrightstown, Denmark, and Freedom this year. Also have a close loss to Pulaski.

Redeemer

Fennimore vs Mineral Point tonight.

Stratford wrestle anyone soon?

tigerking

Quote from: Redeemer on December 17, 2021, 08:14:27 AM
Fennimore vs Mineral Point tonight.

Stratford wrestle anyone soon?

Tigers were supposed to have Ellsworth tonight, but lost our dual. I believe we are looking to replace it with something else this weekend. Bistate is coming up and early January we have a quad with Marshfield, Fennimore, and Holeman.

Redeemer

The Tigers have looked strong. Bi-State will feature them with MP, IGH, Lux-Casco, Holmen, and others, so I am looking forward to that.

The top of D3 team-wise is pretty tight for the top 7 or so teams.

muskie89

Quote from: Redeemer on December 17, 2021, 09:52:13 AM
The Tigers have looked strong. Bi-State will feature them with MP, IGH, Lux-Casco, Holmen, and others, so I am looking forward to that.

The top of D3 team-wise is pretty tight for the top 7 or so teams.

Hopefully they find a good tournament this weekend. Would be nice to see where they stand vs the competition.