Exciting Match-Ups This Week

Started by tyben, November 30, 2021, 03:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyben

Always good to know what the exciting match-ups are around the state  Here are a few good ones that jump out, feel free to add to it.

Duals
Hortonville vs Neenah 11/30
Hudson vs Menomonie 12/2
Wis Rapids vs Marshfield 12/2
GET vs Cadott 12/2
Medford vs NGL 12/2
Marshfield, Stoughton, Evansville 12/4  Dual Tournament
Luxemburg-Casco, Bay Port, Holmen 12/4  Dual Tournament
Milton, Mukwonago, Waterford 12/4 Dual Tournament
Pulaski, Wausau West, Medford, Stevens Point 12/4 Dual Tournament

Individual Tournaments 12/4
Papermaker Invite - Top teams include: Amery, Coleman, Freedom, Kimberly
Gunslinger Invite - Top teams include: Arrowhead, NGL, Neenah, Slinger

ObsessedObserver

Another great tournament with some team state caliber teams and great individuals is the nicolet scramble on 12/4 it has Kaukauna Brookfield East and Nicolet should be a great week of wrestling

Rat

What has happened to Two Rivers wrestling? I noticed they had 5 forfeits last night I wonder if thats just early season problems.

imwi

Quote from: BackwardsHatAttack on December 01, 2021, 05:15:15 PM
Quote from: Rat on December 01, 2021, 04:45:25 PM
What has happened to Two Rivers wrestling? I noticed they had 5 forfeits last night I wonder if thats just early season problems.

Mrs. Bianchi stopped having kids.

I"m not sure that is appropriate to be calling out Mrs Bianchi for stopping having kids, but it was funnier than heck!!

padre

😂😂😂😂😂😂

There is still a daughter out there.

But Two Rivers numbers have been going down over the last couple years.  They forfeited quite a few weights last year.

firemanscarry

As a small school guy who has seen the way a single family can impact a particular school's athletic fortunes over the course of a decade or so, I found this hilarious and hauntingly true.

In wrestling it seems even more true than in most sports that a single family can have a big impact on the sport. And it is oftentimes multi-generational. Unfortunately, in a lot of rural towns young people leave for better job opportunities. It means that the next generation has a big impact on another school. Still, it seems like some of the wrestlers' last names in towns like Coleman are the same as they were when they beat on me in the 80's.
"If ya wanna be the man, ya gotta beat the man!"

padre

I told her your statement and she said it made her day.😃

LeftyHeadlock27

Quote from: firemanscarry on December 02, 2021, 10:26:09 AM

As a small school guy who has seen the way a single family can impact a particular school's athletic fortunes over the course of a decade or so, I found this hilarious and hauntingly true.

In wrestling it seems even more true than in most sports that a single family can have a big impact on the sport. And it is oftentimes multi-generational. Unfortunately, in a lot of rural towns young people leave for better job opportunities. It means that the next generation has a big impact on another school. Still, it seems like some of the wrestlers' last names in towns like Coleman are the same as they were when they beat on me in the 80's.

this reminds me of Goodhue in Minnesota. I remember seeing them at Bi-State and for 2-3 years they had 6 guys that all had the last name O'Reilly, and they were pretty good too.

Never Gonna Happen

New regime of coaches.

tyben

Notable scores so far

Hortonville vs Neenah 11/30 Neenah wins 45-27
Hudson vs Menomonie 12/2  Hudson wins 66-10
Wis Rapids vs Marshfield 12/2 Rapids wins 45-28
GET vs Cadott 12/2 Cadott wins 43-30
Medford vs NGL 12/2 NGL wins 53-24
Coleman vs DePere  Coleman wins 42-30

Marshfield, Stoughton, Evansville 12/4  Dual Tournament
Luxemburg-Casco, Bay Port, Holmen 12/4  Dual Tournament
Milton, Mukwonago, Waterford 12/4 Dual Tournament
Pulaski, Wausau West, Medford, Stevens Point 12/4 Dual Tournament

Individual Tournaments 12/4
Papermaker Invite - Top teams include: Amery, Coleman, Freedom, Kimberly
Gunslinger Invite - Top teams include: Arrowhead, NGL, Neenah, Slinger
Modify message

Moose Knuckle

Notable matches so far?

Liam Neitzel (Hudson) over Brayten Casey (Menomonie) (Dec 10-4)

Michael Alexander (De Pere) over Cole Klimek (Coleman) (Dec 4-3)

LocalFan

Carter Freeman (Fr) Wisconsin Rapids over Caleb Dennee (Fr) Marshfield, Decision 5-0

Wis-Mallard

Devin Wasley St. Croix Central over Tyler Dormanen Boyceville 6-3

Moose Knuckle

Noah Mulvaney (Arrowhead) over Brody Hemauer (DeForest)  (Dec 4-3)

Wis-Mallard

Championship Bracket - Tarrin Riley (Mineral Point) 21-1 won by decision over Brody Hart (Winneconne) 25-1 (Dec 6-5)