Pre Season Rankings?!?!

Started by ObsessedObserver, November 03, 2021, 11:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ObsessedObserver

To the ranking committee I am overly eager for High school rankings (Individual and Team) when will we be getting them? Does anyone have their own set of rankings they have done on their own?

TomM

Hi,
Thanks for asking!
Below are the links for submitting ranking suggestions this season.
Note: In the Individual Form the final question states "Significant 2018-19 In-Season Victories".
This is for the 2021-2022 Season.
Please begin sending your ranking suggestions for individuals and teams. Be sure to fill in all areas of the forms and post your email address. Suggestions with no name and/or email address will be deleted and not considered.
Thanks,
Tom

Individual Ranking Form
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScshliz0Rk1Dxs49qD-VdDORafNUT89SKDwjsoaEz7UCPzxrg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Team Ranking From
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeql64ycKbV9n1ljQYyWxdWLN9e8Wcjj37TsZaMVHTJQ4uEHw/viewform?usp=sf_link
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

DarkKnight

How about discussion... which D1 teams will be fielding teams capable of knocking off Kaukauna?

KK lost a good class of seniors but will reload... KK may still be the favorite heading into the season, but I am not sure what Stoughton has coming in for talent (as they lost 5 starting seniors to KK's 7) and others are bringing to the mat. Marshfield, Holmen, Rapids, Arrowhead, Mukwonago and others have a good collection of talent. Slinger may be reloading (their semifinal match vs Stoughton was a good one last year).

It's good to know we have normal season coming up (and hopefully COVID protocols go out the window and kids don't need to be sidelined bc they may or may not have a virus).

tyben

Kaukauna and Stoughton are still the teams to beat but the teams you mentioned have certainly closed the gap with the strong senior classes that graduated with each of those teams.
1.Kaukauna-Lost a lot but always reloads with depth and transfers. Great program that does so many things to get the most out of their kids.
2. Stoughton-Lost a lot too and probably more vulnerable than Kaukauna to fall to one of the teams knocking on the door. 
3. Marshfield-From 132-182 is dominant, add in a really good 120 freshman and another good kid on top and that could be enough to get to the top but will have a few holes.
4. Holmen -Similar to Marshfield, very good 132-170 with a good smaller freshman and another good wrestler on top. Lot of kids in program so will fill holes with decent kids
5. Rapids-Started 5 freshman last year and will likely start 4 or 5 freshman this year. No holes with a hand full of studs throughout lineup. Maybe the most potential to take out Kaukauna
6. Arrowhead and Milton- Both have a number of studs but will they fill in the holes with enough talent?
8.Mukwonago and Wausau West-Lots of solid wrestlers with large teams and few holes.
HM Slinger, Stevens Point, Hudson, River Falls

rjchev141

Few teams out of the northeast not mentioned yet, that should/will be a factor; Neenah, Kimberly, Bay Port, Pulaski, Shawano.

ObsessedObserver

I would agree that Stoughton and Kaukauna are the front runners BUT Kaukauna lost 12 seniors last year 8 or 9 of which started. and stoughton lost many too they will still be competitors. one thing I do see coming is a revival of Wisconsin Rapids I feel like they might make a run for the title. as for the northeast teams like Neenah, Kimberly, Bayport, and pulaski (not mentioning shawno cause come on Really?) these teams while respectively are all good will have to come out of a tough team sectional with a ridiculous amount of competition that has been dominated by Kaukauna for years so that will prove more than difficult and I dont see it happening as for my team rankings

1. Kaukauna
2. Stoughton
3. Wisconsin Rapids Lincoln
4. Mukwonago
5. Arrowhead
6. Marshfield
7. Holmen
8. Waterford

These are just my D1 takes I will look into D2 and D3 and post my reactions and preseason thoughts.

rjchev141

Quote from: ObsessedObserver on November 08, 2021, 09:27:46 AM
I would agree that Stoughton and Kaukauna are the front runners BUT Kaukauna lost 12 seniors last year 8 or 9 of which started. and stoughton lost many too they will still be competitors. one thing I do see coming is a revival of Wisconsin Rapids I feel like they might make a run for the title. as for the northeast teams like Neenah, Kimberly, Bayport, and pulaski (not mentioning shawno cause come on Really?) these teams while respectively are all good will have to come out of a tough team sectional with a ridiculous amount of competition that has been dominated by Kaukauna for years so that will prove more than difficult and I dont see it happening as for my team rankings

1. Kaukauna
2. Stoughton
3. Wisconsin Rapids Lincoln
4. Mukwonago
5. Arrowhead
6. Marshfield
7. Holmen
8. Waterford

These are just my D1 takes I will look into D2 and D3 and post my reactions and preseason thoughts.

Are we talking teams in the conversation of preseason rankings or team sectional champs? If we're talking about sectionals champs, 2 of your 8 aren't making it through.  I like your list if we're talking preseason betting odds of team likely to win.

tyben

Can anyone from the ranking staff tell us when the first rankings will come out?  It would be nice for promoting duals that start next week, especially team rankings.

tyben

Was just asking because people love rankings, they create conversations, debates and buzz around the sport.  Looking at the views on each subject on the main forum, the flo rankings and this thread are what people want to see.  Plus rankings will drive people to this website and forum, win win ;D

Whizzersoldman

Can't wait!!! The teams mentioned deserve the recognition based by there past performances. I see Neenah mentioned and they will be wrestling on Tuesday night. They will be going up against a young Hortonville squad who is fairly strong in the lower weights. Should be a good first match to watch. It will be great to get back into the field-houses to see live wrestling again.

Armdrag

sorry whizzeroldman.........but the match will not be what it should be............so if you don't have a horse in the race you may want to go catch a more exciting FVA match ups this week.............will be a lot of FF's and some backups wrestling in the Neenah/Hortonville dual

ObsessedObserver

Quote from: Armdrag on November 29, 2021, 01:49:36 PM
sorry whizzeroldman.........but the match will not be what it should be............so if you don't have a horse in the race you may want to go catch a more exciting FVA match ups this week.............will be a lot of FF's and some backups wrestling in the Neenah/Hortonville dual

HOW? if you look at track wrestling minimum weight certification both of these teams at the bare minimum should have all 14 weight classes filled with plenty of exhibitions. anything less than a full varsity dual would be extremely an disappointing performance by both coaches

Eric Razz

Quote from: ObsessedObserver on November 30, 2021, 11:30:45 AM

HOW? if you look at track wrestling minimum weight certification both of these teams at the bare minimum should have all 14 weight classes filled with plenty of exhibitions. anything less than a full varsity dual would be extremely an disappointing performance by both coaches

Easy ObsessedObserver.  There are a lot of factors involved in putting a team out for each competition.  Many of them beyond a coaches control, especially with the COVID limitations some schools are using.  I can assure both of these coaches and most of the coaches in the sport are making every effort to but their best team on the mat each week. 

ObsessedObserver

Quote from: ObsessedObserver on November 30, 2021, 12:28:35 PM
Quote from: Eric Razz on November 30, 2021, 11:41:58 AM

This I understand I am curious to hear where you eric and armdrag are getting information from how do we know these teams arent putting out full lineups I was not dragging on either coach Kyle and genrich are both remarkable coaches who are both very competitive and will do whatever it takes to win. I would say regardless of the circumstances this dual WILL have fireworks

Easy ObsessedObserver.  There are a lot of factors involved in putting a team out for each competition.  Many of them beyond a coaches control, especially with the COVID limitations some schools are using.  I can assure both of these coaches and most of the coaches in the sport are making every effort to but their best team on the mat each week.

This I understand I am curious to hear where you eric and armdrag are getting information from how do we know these teams arent putting out full lineups I was not dragging on either coach Kyle and genrich are both remarkable coaches who are both very competitive and will do whatever it takes to win. I would say regardless of the circumstances this dual WILL have fireworks

Posted the one above incorrectly

ObsessedObserver

Quote from: BackwardsHatAttack on November 30, 2021, 12:31:38 PM
Quote from: ObsessedObserver on November 30, 2021, 12:29:36 PM
Quote from: ObsessedObserver on November 30, 2021, 12:28:35 PM
Quote from: Eric Razz on November 30, 2021, 11:41:58 AM

Posted the one above incorrectly

Armdrag=Chris Gennrich. 

So, I guess he is getting the information from, um, himself?

Time to get off the forum  :-X oops sorry cant wait to watch the dual tonight regardless