Recruit time

Started by bigoil, October 13, 2021, 09:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigoil

"It's a great day to be a Badger".

Clark, Rowley others?

mkm13

rjchev141

Nicolar Rivera - Stoughton wrestler is always a fair guess.

Maybe to late for transfer portal?

Rowley is a good guess since we know he finished up his visits.

bigoil

Per Willie:

My man @JamesRow_1 will commit tomorrow at 10am ET. One of the finest young men and finest families i've ever had the privilege of being involved with.

Hopefully the first of many.

Harris

That will be awesome news

MakingABadgerer

If it's Rowley we're going to have a nice 184/197 combo with him and Braxton for a few years.

wrastle63

Quote from: MakingABadgerer on October 14, 2021, 06:19:15 AM
WHEN it's Rowley we're going to have a nice 184/197 combo with him and Braxton for a few years.
Don't worry I fixed it for you!

mkm13

At a minimum, UW needs a guy at Rowleys level or better  per recruiting class to compete in the top 10 consistently.  They would need 2 or 3 of them per class to have the depth to compete with PSU, Iowa, etc. 

Assuming it is him, we would have 3 years in a row where we got a really high level guy (Braxton, Hamiti, and Rowley).  No disrespect to Barnett, Burwick, Zargo, Copass, Christensen, and Bobzien, as they are/were very good recruits as well, but maybe a step below those 3 as recruits.

Would be big if he commits!

Numbers

mkm13

Big for the program in the future.  He also fills a big need at 174/184.  Can't ask for a better training partner than Braxton and a coach to push him in Reader.

To be able to bring in out of state talent that have world freestyle medals, it likely takes a full scholarship or close to it.  I think it is worth it and needed, but it also does not leave a lot remaining $ for lower level in state talent.  For those that complain we don't offer much to lower level in state talent, just remember that scholarship money is likely being allocated to world medalists.

Numbers

Harris

Very exciting news.  I love when they recruit young men with great character and leadership skills who also happen to be world class wrestlers.  I think he is an exceptional recruit.

mkm13

With Bobzien and Rowley committed, that is a very good combo. Now time to add depth and possibly another nationally ranked recruit.

Who is available at this point?

Harris

Greyson Clark would a great addition.  Good luck at Super 32.