AWA Duals

Started by Lunatic Fringe, September 20, 2021, 10:09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunatic Fringe

AWA ran their yearly dual tournament at Mukwonago HS over the weekend.

16 teams (5 Askren teams)  Definitely a ton of quality wrestling. Super cool event that AWA puts on. 

Only thing missing was seeing Ringers, Pelot, XFactor, Nazar, etc bring teams. (LAW and Crass brought teams)

Harris

Quote from: Lunatic Fringe on September 20, 2021, 10:09:30 AM

16 teams (5 Askren teams)  Definitely a ton of quality wrestling. Super cool event that AWA puts on. 

Only thing missing was seeing Ringers, Pelot, XFactor, Nazar, etc bring teams. (LAW and Crass brought teams)

When I was a kid I don't remember anyone wrestling during the high school football season

bigoil

Quote from: Harris on September 21, 2021, 10:20:57 AM

When I was a kid I don't remember anyone wrestling during the high school football season
You are old though :) but your memory is spot on. I don't think we even had open mats, Coach Hess would probably have taking your head off if he caught you wrestling Coach J would have taken it in stride.

padre

Quote from: bigoil on September 21, 2021, 11:18:47 AM
Quote from: Harris on September 21, 2021, 10:20:57 AM

You are old though :) but your memory is spot on. I don't think we even had open mats, Coach Hess would probably have taking your head off if he caught you wrestling Coach J would have taken it in stride.

That's the exact situation I'm in.  All of my kids play fall sports..most play 3.  Not even having any open mats during the season as I would have 3-4....maybe.

I did look at the teams and lots of great wrestlers participated.