CWC Preview

Started by tigerking, September 15, 2021, 04:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerking

With the Tigers back in the sectional, I would be interested to hear what the CWC is bringing to the sectional this year. I believe that Amherst and Menominee Indian are going D2. Weyauwega had quite a few 8th graders at youth state last year that should be coming into the line up. Wittenberg is having a good year for football, how many of those guys wrestle? Shiocton should have a tough team returning with incoming freshmen and Bonduel gains another Bogacz.

What are everyone else's thoughts on the CWC?

Willie

I bet you are interested.

Gizmo6

Shiocton should have a really strong team this year and should be heavily favored to repeat as Champions, Wittenberg and WF (14 incoming freshman) will most likely battle it out for 2nd. Amherst and Bonduel could make some noise here as well. Individual wise the conference will be lead by a few horses this year but not as strong at the top as we have seen in recent years (Guaderman and Mannel are most likely our only title contenders this year, unless I'm forgetting somebody).

DarkKnight

Quote from: tigerking on September 15, 2021, 04:24:24 PM
With the Tigers back in the sectional, I would be interested to hear what the CWC is bringing to the sectional this year. I believe that Amherst and Menominee Indian are going D2. Weyauwega had quite a few 8th graders at youth state last year that should be coming into the line up. Wittenberg is having a good year for football, how many of those guys wrestle? Shiocton should have a tough team returning with incoming freshmen and Bonduel gains another Bogacz.

Shiocton is definitely threatening Coleman in the sectional... Stratford as well.

I think Shiocton and Stratford will be a very fun dual.

muskie89

Quote from: DarkKnight on November 09, 2021, 10:11:12 AM

Shiocton is definitely threatening Coleman in the sectional... Stratford as well.

The holiday tournaments will reveal a lot. It looks like Team sectionals is shaping up to be electric.
How do you think this dual plays out between stratford and coleman @DarkKnight ?

I think Casper has some tricks up his sleeves to take advantage of a newer stratford coach. Coleman 42, Stratford 36 (5 wins from forfeits after being up by a comfortable margin)

tigerking

Quote from: muskie89 on December 15, 2021, 09:59:29 AM

The holiday tournaments will reveal a lot. It looks like Team sectionals is shaping up to be electric.
How do you think this dual plays out between stratford and coleman @DarkKnight ?

I think Casper has some tricks up his sleeves to take advantage of a newer stratford coach. Coleman 42, Stratford 36 (5 wins from forfeits after being up by a comfortable margin)

No. The tigers are too good for this too happen and Schwabe will make sure we are ready to go on this day. Tigers 39 Coleman 33. Drexler is going to run down Casper in this dual.

Willie

Quote from: tigerking on December 15, 2021, 10:27:04 AM

No. The tigers are too good for this too happen and Schwabe will make sure we are ready to go on this day. Tigers 39 Coleman 33. Drexler is going to run down Casper in this dual.

The topic is "CWC Preview" not "potential" Coleman against Stratford at team sectionals. Remember they both have to get through their regional and the first dual of the night.

muskie89

Quote from: Willie on December 15, 2021, 10:45:39 AM

The topic is "CWC Preview" not "potential" Coleman against Stratford at team sectionals. Remember they both have to get through their regional and the first dual of the night.

Hey Willie, they both dual CWC teams so I would say this is relevant.

Bignoseknowswrestling

Correction Tiger King, Davidson will have them ready. He is the head coach. I think he has been plotting to go head-to-head with Casper since his arrival. Unfortunately I do not think it will be enough. Cougars 50, tigers 24

Gizmo6

Don't overlook Shiocton, they still have not been at full strength this year. They will battle with Stratford Random Lake and Wega next week in Wega, should give everyone a good idea of the pecking order.

muskie89

Quote from: Gizmo6 on December 15, 2021, 01:03:38 PM
Don't overlook Shiocton, they still have not been at full strength this year. They will battle with Stratford Random Lake and Wega next week in Wega, should give everyone a good idea of the pecking order.

Close match last night between Shioctin and Winneconne. I wish they were at full strength! They have a gritty style that is fun to watch.
But I will continue to overlook them until further notice.

grapper25

Do any of the conference teams have any big matchups/tournaments happening this weekend?

Thanks in advance.

Grapper25

tigerking

Quote from: grapper25 on January 07, 2022, 08:25:53 AM
Do any of the conference teams have any big matchups/tournaments happening this weekend?

Thanks in advance.

Grapper25

CWC Multi Duals going on this weekend. Could end up seeing Vigue vs Bartel. 220 should have a great match up with Vanden Hoffman vs David Gauderman. Any other matches that I am missing?

Willie

Quote from: tigerking on January 19, 2022, 09:52:18 AM

Thanks in advance.

Grapper25

CWC Multi Duals going on this weekend. Could end up seeing Vigue vs Bartel. 220 should have a great match up with Vanden Hoffman vs David Gauderman. Any other matches that I am missing?
Team wise the top 3 teams will meet up. Wega Shiocton and Wittenberg will battle for the lead in the conference race.

ChargerDad

Quote from: tigerking on January 19, 2022, 09:52:18 AM

Thanks in advance.

Grapper25

Throw Shioctons Sanchez into the mix with Hoffman and Gauderman.

Potential ranked matchups at Shiocton:

D3 #4 - Pierson Potrykus - WB
D3 #6 - Blake Carton - Shiocton

D3 #3 - Kaleb Mannel - Weyauwega-Fremont
D3 HM -  Easton Dammann - Pittsville

D3 #6 - Bradley Demerath - Shiocton
D3 #9 - Carter McDaniel - Weyauwega-Fremont

D3 #3 - David Gauderman - WB
D3 #6 - Vanden Hoffman - Weyauwega-Fremont
D3 #7 - Ilijah Sanchez - Shiocton