Packers

Started by Houndhead, September 07, 2021, 01:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

hammer

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 06, 2022, 11:05:40 AM
I still say trade Karen and Adams. Just think of all the picks the packers could gather with those 2.

Let's face it Karen hasn't won a ,meaningful playoff game since 2010 and age and the last time a team was in the super bowl with the highest paid WR was 2008. The packers are a way better team this up coming year than when lefluer took over 3 plus years ago. Love or we can find a qb with the amount of picks or players we get for those 2.

Sometimes you have to make tough decisions that are not popular but life goes on.

Holy cow! Didnt think of that until I read it and saw it. Being a fan of another team and what seems like every year Rodgers just roasts my team, I didnt realize that. Since he seems to win the division about every year, you kind of forget he hasn't reached the super bowl since 2010. Looks like the Broncos are off the board with the looks like Russel Wilson trade. To be honest I hope the Packers do trade Rodgers and Adam's, after the what seems like decades of Farve and Rodgers there is no way they hit on Love being 15 year starter, it just cannt happen.

Ghetto

Adams isn't under contract. They'd have to sign him to trade him.

Rodgers is coming back, like it or not. Love will be traded before March 16th.

All playoff games are meaningful.

bit.ly/avgcheesespotify
anchor.fm/avgcheese
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

neutral

Quote from: Ghetto on March 09, 2022, 06:53:08 PM

-------------------------------------

Not sure about that.  Love doesn't have to be the heir apparent to be the best & least expensive back-up available to the Packers.  I'm also not sure what makes people think he would be worth much in a trade ... just because he has been a back-up on the Packers?  I'd be surprised if it was more than a high 2nd rounder.  They're better off keeping him.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

littleguy301

I think love will be gone also. Drafting a qb and sitting him for 5 years isnt sending out the best message to future draft picks and QB either. I am sure love wants to play and prove it like any other competitor. I would guess his agent will be asking for a trade due to that his his job to get his client on the field and in 3 more years he will be pretty worthless for anything money wise around the league.

With this years draft stock of qb, loves value isnt bad as in a trade. He has had 1 start and some time on the field so much more proven than a college kid plus I read he is younger than 1 or 2 of the top qb in the draft.

I can see the Packers getting a high second for Love but may have to package a mid rounder and Love to do so. If the Packers have committed to Karen for 3 to 4 years then trade Love to give him a chance and look with Karen's blessing to draft one maybe next year. I just dont wish Love to go to another team and blossom into a good NFL starter and when Karen is done not to have another super bowl and leave the fans wishing/wanting ;)
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Ghetto

Quote from: neutral on March 10, 2022, 08:14:03 AM
Quote from: Ghetto on March 09, 2022, 06:53:08 PM

-------------------------------------

Not sure about that.  Love doesn't have to be the heir apparent to be the best & least expensive back-up available to the Packers.  I'm also not sure what makes people think he would be worth much in a trade ... just because he has been a back-up on the Packers?  I'd be surprised if it was more than a high 2nd rounder.  They're better off keeping him.

There are teams that think he has value. You heard it here first. He'll be traded for a 4th round pick. I'll say the Colts. With the weak class of QBs in this draft, Love would be a first or second round pick for sure.

If you are Jordan Love or his agent, do you want to stay and do nothing and never get your shot? He's 23 years old. If he'd have stayed throughout a redshirt year, he'd be coming out this year.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove