Robert Charles Martin 9-14-1978 to 7-14-2021 - Merrill

Started by TomM, September 01, 2021, 11:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Robert Charles Martin 9-14-1978 to 7-14-2021 - Merrill

Hey all, many called me Rob but my family still like to call me Bobby. I died unexpectedly at the age of 42 while living in National City, San Diego. I was born in Chicago, Il. , but grew up in Hamburg, WI. I graduated from Merrill High School in 1996. I was an awesome wrestler taking home many trophies. I earned a wrestling scholarship, which I took to St. Cloud University in Minnesota. I was a big sports fan. I enjoyed watching football growing up, but I really liked baseball. Ken Griffey Jr. was my favorite player. I was an avid collector of those Topps baseball cards and had boxes to prove it. I liked the Minnesota Twins. I worked odd jobs in construction mainly as a roofer. I worked in restaurants as a cook or "chef" as I liked to call myself. Life was an adventure for me. I struggled. I loved. I lost. It was always my goal to make a million dollars in my lifetime. I wrote once that was my plan and I believed I could do it and stated that if you didn't' believe you wouldn't win. Well somewhere along the line, I stopped believing in my dreams. So a word of advice to those who read this, don't give up whatever you are going through believe in yourself. Never stop dreaming or believing.

I leave behind my son, Jordon, a daughter, Bree. All my love to both of you. My father Bob Martin, step-mother Deb, Martinsville Indiana. My sister, Cheryl Martin, Merrill WI, step-sister Emily (Kate) Ohlrich Junction City, WI, a step-brother Trevor (Lynn) Ohlrich Alsip Illinois. My niece Samantha Butalla, My nephews, Mitchell, Richard, Dillon, Nicholas, and Victor Butalla. I was preceded in death by my mother, Lois Martin(1990).

There will be a Celebration of Life on Saturday September 11, 2021 at the Corning Town Hall N1569 State RD 64 & 107 Merrill WI 54452 from 1-5:00 P.M. Prayer Service at 2:00 P.M. All are welcome to come share and celebrate all the million little things that were good about me.

https://merrillfotonews.com/2021/08/30/robert-charles-martin/
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"