97KG Braxton Amos (Freestyle)
Day 2
74KG Keegan O'Toole
Day 3
76KG Kylie Welker
Day 6
97KG Braxton Amos (Greco)

Day 1 Session 1
97 kg: Braxton Amos (Mineral Wells, W.V./Wisconsin RTC)
vs. Yunus Gafurov (Kazakhstan), Silver at 2018 Cadet Asian Championships

A.J. Ferrari (2021 NCAA Champ Oklahoma State) had an 8-2 win against Asian Cadet silver Yunus Gafurov of Kazakhstan at the 2018 Freestyle Cadet Worlds (Ferrari took Bronze)

For the full schedule and more see:  https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2021/August/15/Draws-MFS-Junior-Worlds

Harris

Braxton Amos is in the semifinals with a 6-4 win over Yunus Gafurov from Kazakhstan and a 10-0 win over Korcsog from Hungary.  He takes on Deepak from India later this morning in the semi's. 

Of note is that the Iranian Ali Abdollahi beat the Russian national star Soslan Dzhagaev on the top side of his bracket 9-7. 

Harris

Another point on how tough this tournament is:

Braxton Amos and Beau Bartlett from Penn State are the only 2 wrestlers (Out of 5) from the United States to make the semifinals on day 1.  Richard Figueroa, Bryce Andonian (Va Tech), and Donnell Washington (Indiana) all lost in the first round to wrestlers from Iran.  Iran has come to wrestle.  I really hope Braxton wins in the semi's and gets to face the Iranian.

vsmf2010

BA into the finals with a very nice 9-1 victory!

Harris

Braxton Amos with the 9-1 win over Deepak Deepak of India in the semifinals.

Braxton Amos is the only United States wrestler out of the 5 weights that wrestled today that made the finals.  Congrats Braxton!!!!!

bigoil

Quote from: Harris on August 16, 2021, 09:52:11 AM
Braxton Amos with the 9-1 win over Deepak Deepak of India in the semifinals.

Braxton Amos is the only United States wrestler out of the 5 weights that wrestled today that made the finals.  Congrats Braxton!!!!!
Boy it is going to be fun watching him this year in person!!

MakingABadgerer

Lets hope they let us watch in person.

Great start for Amos.  Guaranteed spot on the podium tomorrow.  I personally think he is a better greco wrestler.  Really excited for the weekend.

Harris

Braxton Amos vs. Polat Polatci (Turkey) in the day 2 session which starts at 6:45 AM.  Polat had pins in his first 2 matches and then beat the Iranian 9-8 in the semifinals.  Polat is the 2021 European Junior Champion where he beat a Russian for Gold.  He wrestled  as a very young competitor at the Junior World Championships in 2019 and did not medal.

For those of you following Keegan O'Toole he will wrestle in the day 2 (Tuesday) prelim session which starts at 1:00 AM. 

TomM

He is shining at Greco now, but is pretty all around excellent.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Harris

I think he needs to design and sell a Braxton Amos wrestling headwrap  ;) as part of the name image likeness (NIL).

vsmf2010

Quote from: Harris on August 16, 2021, 11:07:30 AM
I think he needs to design and sell a Braxton Amos wrestling headwrap  ;) as part of the name image likeness (NIL).

Harris, that is a brilliant idea! you have had a lot of good posts but this might be your best one ever!  ;D

Harris

Quote from: vsmf2010 on August 16, 2021, 11:40:20 AM
Quote from: Harris on August 16, 2021, 11:07:30 AM

Harris, that is a brilliant idea! you have had a lot of good posts but this might be your best one ever!  ;D

We could all wear them at a dual meet next year and then take them off to wave them during his match like a terrible towel  :D 

Could you imagine if they handed them out before a dual meet with the instructions for everyone to go crazy when they announced him for the first time?  That would be awesome.  I could see him coming out to the song Country Roads since he said that is his pre-match song being from West Virginia.  Better yet, do it against Iowa, Minnesota, or Penn State to get the crowd going.

Harris

We've got to work Thor in there with his hammer as well  8)

Harris

Foam Thor hammers with Braxton head wrap towels!  The kids would love this.