Jordan Oliver fails to qualify for the Olympics

Started by vsmf2010, May 06, 2021, 03:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vsmf2010

Jordan Oliver won his first 3 matches but lost in the semi-finals and failed to qualify 65kg for the US and he will not compete in the Olympics this summer. Bummer!  :(

TomM

The Pol is a big 65kg wrestler, having wrestled 74kg in the past. He looked 'thicker' than Oliver and was in great, solid, position the entire match. Oliver circled the Pol the entire first period and was pushed out twice and gave a passivity (not sure what to call the point given after the :30 second clock) point.  Trailed 0-3 at the break.
Oliver found light enough to take about 2-3 shots in second period, only scoring a takedown on one. The Pol took no offensive shots of any kind.

That's the way it goes.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

vsmf2010

Tom,

That is a pretty accurate assessment of the the match. I really did not see the Pol make any serious scoring attempt with one exception while they were going off or off the mat and I think that was just for show. I personally find that kind of wrestling painful to watch and I do not think it is good for the sport but that being said it can often be a winning formula and that is the bottom line.

Harris

A 3-2 loss to go to the Olympics will haunt him the rest of his life.  Tough loss for a great wrestler.

vsmf2010

Quote from: Harris on May 06, 2021, 04:50:09 PM
A 3-2 loss to go to the Olympics will haunt him the rest of his life.  Tough loss for a great wrestler.

+1

Heart wrenching

bigG

JO has taken his lumps. Too bad he couldn't get past the position beast. I hate those kinds of matches.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.