should help recruiting right?

Started by dad 2 5, July 13, 2021, 11:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dad 2 5

https://rokfin.com/article/5138
I know when Davis and Mitch had Cadets here it seems to help recruiting. Hope this will give a good inroads to some high level recruits. Secondly, hoping a good week at Fargo for the Wisconsin team!

vsmf2010

For sure!

Not only help recruiting but help the kids and coach to find the right fit. This is like an on the job interview. Coach Reader gets to see the kids on and off the mat. The wresters get to learn what coach Reader is all about and see if he is the right coach for them.

tex

Reader seems to be a good man.  I have a feeling he will be a head coach somewhere before long and then Badgers are in some trouble.  He seems to be the one that connects with the kids and seems to be a straight shooter. He will be able to get a KEEP good kids somewhere.

WRTCSean

Jon Reader updates from day 3 at Cadet World Championships in Budapest!

Update: https://rokfin.com/post/47486

asdf

While I agree Reader in Budapest with the cadets and Bono/Gross in FL for a youth/HS Rokfin Bonobilt tournament is good for recruiting, there is a really good tournament going on right now in Fargo that many believe may even be a better opportunity for recruitment.

BuckyMatt

Quote from: asdf on July 19, 2021, 01:07:39 PM
While I agree Reader in Budapest with the cadets and Bono/Gross in FL for a youth/HS Rokfin Bonobilt tournament is good for recruiting, there is a really good tournament going on right now in Fargo that many believe may even be a better opportunity for recruitment.

Good thing Bono is in Fargo then!!

Harris

July 9th Jon Reader is shooting clay pigeons with James Rowley on a home visit to Oregon which his mom posted to twitter.  July 19th Reader is coaching Rowley on the Cadet World Championship team as he makes it to the finals. Reader is coaching the nations best at the Cadet level and building relationships.  That is time well spent. 

In addition, he is coaching and building a relationship with TJ Sebolt from Sebolt Wrestling Academy in Mason City IA which is 4 hours from Madison.  Sebolt had 6 Jr AA's, & 3 Cadet AA's at Fargo as well as one Cadet World Team member.  I am pretty sure all 4 of Iowa's finalists at Fargo for the Juniors were from Sebolt.  That is time well spent.

In fact, TJ Sebolt chose to coach at Cadet Worlds instead of Fargo as well.  It is an honor to coach and represent your country on the world stage and I am amazed anyone would question that.

vsmf2010

Quote from: Harris on July 19, 2021, 10:25:46 PM
July 9th Jon Reader is shooting clay pigeons with James Rowley on a home visit to Oregon which his mom posted to twitter.  July 19th Reader is coaching Rowley on the Cadet World Championship team as he makes it to the finals. Reader is coaching the nations best at the Cadet level and building relationships.  That is time well spent. 

In addition, he is coaching and building a relationship with TJ Sebolt from Sebolt Wrestling Academy in Mason City IA which is 4 hours from Madison.  Sebolt had 6 Jr AA's, & 3 Cadet AA's at Fargo as well as one Cadet World Team member.  I am pretty sure all 4 of Iowa's finalists at Fargo for the Juniors were from Sebolt.  That is time well spent.

In fact, TJ Sebolt chose to coach at Cadet Worlds instead of Fargo as well.  It is an honor to coach and represent your country on the world stage and I am amazed anyone would question that.

Harris, all great points and thanks for all the information that is really cool.

Questioning coaching your countries World team is really really strange. Where would we be as a country in any sport if our most talented coaches were not willing to represent our country side by side with our top athletes. Also, when you consider the success that the program is having with recruiting and transfers I find it odd to question the methods of the coaching staff.

tigerking

After watching Bo Basset today, I really hope Reader builds a relationship with him! Wow that guy can scrap. Love his pace.

Harris

Quote from: tigerking on July 20, 2021, 12:59:53 PM
After watching Bo Basset today, I really hope Reader builds a relationship with him! Wow that guy can scrap. Love his pace.

Meyer Shapiro as well.  He is on another level!

MakingABadgerer

Quote from: asdf on July 19, 2021, 01:07:39 PM

Wonder if the Penn State fans are complaining that their coaches are in Tokyo instead of Fargo?

I know that it probably hurts the Bono haters to acknowledge that this staff is racking up the Air miles in an effort to make Wisconsin into a powerhouse.  It likely triggers the folks who want an all native Wisconsin lineup (but would then complain when the team doesn't win).  Bono and Gross were all over social media highlighting their stay in Florida.  Reader is with the Cadets on the other side of the globe and continues to post positive video clips (the airline lost his luggage and he still found a way to smile and talk about the good things).  It appears from social media that Bono flew straight to Fargo after Florida and has been posting pics. 

I'm with Dad 2.5, I think this week will help recruiting.

tex

Does anyone know if any Fargo 2021 AAs are committed to WI

vsmf2010

Quote from: tex on July 22, 2021, 11:55:14 PM

From what I can tell the Badgers only have 1 commit wrestling in Fargo this year. Below are the 2021 and 2022 commits I am aware of.

Brock Bobzien (is not wrestling at Fargo because he is wrestling at the Cadet Worlds. Wrestling for his group starts tomorrow)

Cale Anderson (lost is consi rd of 16 in FS. Wrestling in the finals of GR)
Cole Carroll (not wrestling in Fargo this year)
Dean Hamiti (not wrestling in Fargo this year. 2019 Fargo champion)
Hayden Copass (not wrestling in Fargo this year. 2 time Fargo champion and 3 time finalist)
Brooks Empey (not wrestling in Fargo this year)

On a side note while I was looking this up I stumbled on the Fargo results for Braxton. 5 time champ and 6 time finalist.  8)

dad 2 5

Quote from: tex on July 22, 2021, 11:55:14 PM

Nice showing by Back, Peterson, Hopke. Hope they are looking at some of these guys!