Started by TomM, July 29, 2021, 07:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

vsmf2010

I had read this is a dead issue because the B1G confirmed that they would only be interested in adding AAU schools. Sounds like Kansas and Iowa St are a possibility but Oklahoma St is out. This could all change of course.

MakingABadgerer

Would love to see John Smith's boys come to Madison for a dual. Really interesting matchups

tex

WOW, would make big ten wrestling that much more of a meat grinder.  Not sure if that would be a good thing or bad thing.  Their may be nothing left of these kids by Nat. Tournament time.  Would certainly be interesting.

MNbadger

So conferences get bigger and bigger which inevitably leads to fewer conferences.  At what point do we just have one conference including all teams?  And then what is the point?
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

PAUL

Hard to disagree with MN, I think non-conference duals are great but actually shifting the conference seems like in the long term would be hurtful.  If anything, and maybe it's an absurd idea, I wonder if Nebraska would be interested in moving to the Big 12 for wrestling as an affiliate. 

vsmf2010

Clearly this is all about football money and to a smaller extent Men's BB money. Everyone wants a bigger piece of the pie. Just like organized crime, one less seat at the table means a bigger piece for everyone else.

bigG

Quote from: tex on July 31, 2021, 01:00:09 AM
WOW, would make big ten wrestling that much more of a meat grinder.  Not sure if that would be a good thing or bad thing.  Their may be nothing left of these kids by Nat. Tournament time.  Would certainly be interesting.
Yes, in terms of wrestling, the conference would be puking up more talent. But, I believe this is Oklahoma, not Ok State. Not the Ok sucks at rasslin'. Tough guys. Always.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

dad 2 5

Quote from: bigG on August 02, 2021, 10:47:03 PM
Yes, in terms of wrestling, the conference would be puking up more talent. But, I believe this is Oklahoma, not Ok State. Not the Ok sucks at rasslin'. Tough guys. Always.

I think Ok want to go to SEC so not sure where that would leave them for wrestling

bigoil

Quote from: dad 2 5 on August 03, 2021, 09:17:33 AM
Quote from: bigG on August 02, 2021, 10:47:03 PM

I think Ok want to go to SEC so not sure where that would leave them for wrestling

Oklahoma and Texas to the SEC. That leaves the BIG 12 in peril, so some of those schools are naturally speculating where they can land. ISU, KU, OSU (haven't heard KSU).

Last night I also read Clemson and FSU looking at SEC.