Wisconsin Fargo Lineup Released

Started by nutman, July 07, 2021, 05:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

factfinder

TheWrestlerOne

AA Predictions

Juniors Freestyle:  Nicolar, Clark, Brenner, Bianchi, Mesenbrink, Scoles, Whiting
Possibly - Eisch, Radintz, Drexler, Thorpe, Mechler, Stricker, Gunderson

Juniors Greco: Stricker and Whiting
Possibly: Gunnar Hamre, Cale Anderson, Matt Rogge, Ramberg, Rhode

Cadet Freestyle: Haakon Peterson, Brett Back, Aeoden Sinclair, Connor Mirasola, Koy Hopke, Griffin Empey
Possibly: Dawson Johnson, Charlie Millard, Cole Mirasola

Cadet Greco: Haakon Peterson, Brett Back, Aeoden Sinclair, Koy Hopke, Griffin Empey
Possibly: Reid Spurley, Amryn Nutter, David Malin, Ian Smith

hammer

Quote from: TheWrestlerOne on July 09, 2021, 10:38:26 PM
AA Predictions

Juniors Freestyle:  Nicolar, Clark, Brenner, Bianchi, Mesenbrink, Scoles, Whiting
Possibly - Eisch, Radintz, Drexler, Thorpe, Mechler, Stricker, Gunderson

Juniors Greco: Stricker and Whiting
Possibly: Gunnar Hamre, Cale Anderson, Matt Rogge, Ramberg, Rhode

Cadet Freestyle: Haakon Peterson, Brett Back, Aeoden Sinclair, Connor Mirasola, Koy Hopke, Griffin Empey
Possibly: Dawson Johnson, Charlie Millard, Cole Mirasola

Cadet Greco: Haakon Peterson, Brett Back, Aeoden Sinclair, Koy Hopke, Griffin Empey
Possibly: Reid Spurley, Amryn Nutter, David Malin, Ian Smith

I would toss in Ramberg at 195 junior freestyle, since he is ranked 10th per mat scouts, plus a double AA at UWW this past April.  Though 195 is loaded to the gills and for Gunderson or Ramberg to step on the podium would mean they may have to wrestle out of their respective minds! Looking through weight classes and for any Wisconsin kid to be on the podium would entail beating alot of studs!

tex

It is that way each year.  This tournament is always the one where the big boys come to play.  Junior freestyle is the toughest high school tournament in the country.  Hats off to all the WI kids that have decided to throw their hat in the ring.  We have a lot of our studs going. Brenner, Scoles, Whiting, Mesenbrink, Marko, Nicolar, Clark and Gunderson seem to me to be in contention.  Always one or two that surprise you.  Greco could be anybodies guess.  Not nearly as deep as freestyle so brings more kids into the mix.
Don't know much about the cadet kids. 
Good luck to all.

Wis-Mallard

Relatively few kids from all states have seeding criteria so can get some tough matches quicker than a fully seeded tournament. Would almost be impossible to fully seed anyways. Path matters in a marathon event like freestyle brackets. Hopefully we gets some decent draws and get some upsets if we don't. IMO, upsets are more common in freestyle than folkstyle. The junior level kids are generally wide open compared to the much more freestyle experienced senior level guys.

Backwrestler61

I think you forgot Jake Hall at Cadet 132 Greco as an AA pick. The kid is tough and will definelty be a dark horse and one to watch out there this upcoming week.

TheWrestlerOne

Quote from: Backwrestler61 on July 12, 2021, 12:32:01 PM
I think you forgot Jake Hall at Cadet 132 Greco as an AA pick. The kid is tough and will definelty be a dark horse and one to watch out there this upcoming week.
Totally right,  Placed at UWW Cadet Trials.  He's definitely someone to watch.

factfinder

Rokfin has 6 Wisconsin Jr's getting AA, one over the line I put out. I could be sold at 6 for the number maybe even as high as 7 if everything goes well. On the down side it could be 3-4, the brackets are absolutely stacked.

factfinder

Rokfin has Wisconsin getting 6 Cadet AA, one under the line I put out. Wisconsin has 4 potential finalist's at this age level, could this be the best age group in the past 5 years?

Harris

Excited to see Kylie Welker on the Women's side again and Koy Hopke in the 16U. 

Jbsi

Not sure it has the allure it once did, or it is just too taxing on the wrestler. But Wisconsin had 7 title winners in Folkstyle, but i see only 3? (Back, Sinclair and Hopke) have signed up to wrestle both freestyle and greco and try for the Triple Crown.  I know this may mean more for the youth but still an amazing accomplishment for any age and thought more would attempt it after winning Folkstylke Nationals.

I have to say i am truly excited with the depth of Team Wisconsin for both the Jr and Cadet line ups. 
I can see 6-10 AA in Cadets with potentially 2-3 champions
I think the same with JRs, 6-10 AA with 2 champions

TheWrestlerOne

It's kind of disappointing for Wisconsin Greco.  All of these Greco AA's won't be doing greco this year.
Joey Showalter - 8th
Gage Coppock - 8th
Brayden Sonnentag - 7th
Blaine Brenner - 6th, 6th
Matty Bianchi - 5th
Greyson Clark - 4th
Gavin Drexler - 2nd
Luke Mechler - 2nd
Nicolar Rivera - 1st
Payton Jacobson - Jr. WTT Finalist

Harris

16U Freestyle (Cadet) Semifinalists - sorry if I missed anyone

88 Haakon Peterson (In finals, won 2-1)
145 Brett Back
145 Charlie Millard (Beat Angelo Ferrari, next match with guy who beat Zane Licht)
160 Aeoden Sinclair
182 Cole Mirasola
182 Connor Mirasola
220 Koy Hopke (In Finals, Had an amazing quarterfinal match)

wrastle63

How about 16U freestyle guys currently sitting in 4th!!! 10 guys still going and a very good shot to take too 3 as a team.