TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

Lunatic Fringe

Looks like a great hire!  I think he's going to be in for a rude awakening coaching at Platteville vs Loras.

MNbadger

I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

Ghetto

Should be great. There's a lot of kids in this state, and in that area, that could be very good D3 wrestlers. Hope he creates relationships with the coaches of this state.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

MNbadger

You can recruit from three states easily, great academics, and at reasonable cost............
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

Lunatic Fringe

I think Platteville is in a great position to become a fantastic D3 team.

Platteville offers reduced tuition to students in the tri-state area(IL & IA) and reciprocity with students from MN. Plus it's one of the cheapest schools to attend. 

However, right accross the river are Loras and Dubuque (Plus all of the other IIAC teams) that can offer "Academic Scholarships" to the top recruits.

I'm pumped for Kittleson; I think it's a great hire. I just think that because he's only ever worked with Private D3 and D1 schools, he's going to have some hard learning to work through.