If Amery and LC would meet in the tournment next year

Started by thequad, May 25, 2021, 12:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerking

Quote from: DarkKnight on May 28, 2021, 07:35:06 AM
I'm not sure what next year will look like, but I'd say anything can happen, depends on kids growth and whatnot. It'll be fun when that time comes. I'd assume Coleman should be among the best in the state again. No guarantees though.

You Tigers will have to deal with those Shiocton Chiefs first I believe, they are up and coming.

This is what I have returning for Stratford:
106- Schmidt 3rd at Regionals
113- Lemoine 4th at Regionals
120- Defoe 4th at Regionals
126- Gaulke Sectional Qualifier
132- Kuehn 3rd at Regionals
138- Drexler State Champion
145- Lucio 5th at State
160- Becker 4th at Sectionals
182- Ormond 5th at Sectionals
195- Smart 2nd at State
220- Marten 5th at Sectionals
285- Greenberg 6th at Sectionals

If the young guys develop and the upcoming freshmen fill some holes, this becomes a formidable line up. I thought a previous thread had Stratford and Coleman matching up first round of Team Sectionals. Is this not the case?

padre

Quote from: tigerking on May 27, 2021, 08:32:28 AM
Quote from: DarkKnight on May 27, 2021, 07:43:44 AM
Quote from: thequad on May 26, 2021, 06:17:07 PM
Quote from: DarkKnight on May 26, 2021, 08:30:14 AM
Quad,

don't be worrying about any potential team state dual quite yet.

Enjoy your summer. LC will have a shot when that time comes when the snow flies again.
Just trying to have some fun while there is nothing else being posted.

Fun talk is good, my friend. LC has a rich history and will be in the fight. I just advised no worrying  ;D i like to talk and entertain possibilities also. Super glad normal tournaments will be back and no more worrying about COVID cancelling things.

Winneconne is in a good place for next season, Kiel has a good group of guys but Winneconne seems deeper from looking at team state lineups. Meunier and the Hart brothers are beasts. Sternard, Kleinschmidt, Krings, Marks, and Klemm are state worthy guys. I'm sure they'll have some other kids stepping up for them as well.

Next question for Dark Knight is how would Coleman fair against these teams? Who do they have returning this year and can they beat my tigers?

Coleman lost some quality guys but I think only 3...they will have a very good senior class next year.  I don't think the dual with Coleman is real close due to dominance in the lower weights.

I will agree Shiocton will be a formidable opponent as they return most of their team.  However, where Shiocton is strongest(mid to upper weights) that is also Stratford's strong point....much may depend on incoming freshmen on who wins that dual.

Since there was no team sectional last year I'm not sure how the first round match ups will be.

tigerking

Quote from: padre on May 28, 2021, 04:30:54 PM
Quad,

Enjoy your summer. LC will have a shot when that time comes when the snow flies again.

Fun talk is good, my friend. LC has a rich history and will be in the fight. I just advised no worrying  ;D i like to talk and entertain possibilities also. Super glad normal tournaments will be back and no more worrying about COVID cancelling things.

Winneconne is in a good place for next season, Kiel has a good group of guys but Winneconne seems deeper from looking at team state lineups. Meunier and the Hart brothers are beasts. Sternard, Kleinschmidt, Krings, Marks, and Klemm are state worthy guys. I'm sure they'll have some other kids stepping up for them as well.

Next question for Dark Knight is how would Coleman fair against these teams? Who do they have returning this year and can they beat my tigers?

Coleman lost some quality guys but I think only 3...they will have a very good senior class next year.  I don't think the dual with Coleman is real close due to dominance in the lower weights.

I will agree Shiocton will be a formidable opponent as they return most of their team.  However, where Shiocton is strongest(mid to upper weights) that is also Stratford's strong point....much may depend on incoming freshmen on who wins that dual.

Since there was no team sectional last year I'm not sure how the first round match ups will be.

Hopefully the return of Schwabe helps Stratford get back to an elite level next year.

padre

Quote from: tigerking on June 01, 2021, 11:45:58 AM
Quote from: padre on May 28, 2021, 04:30:54 PM
Quad,

Hopefully the return of Schwabe helps Stratford get back to an elite level next year.

Hadn't heard he was coming back.  Don't think it matters a real lot.  Will be a lot of work to do there after next year no doubt.