Austin Gomez

Started by Gizmo6, May 21, 2021, 03:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizmo6

Gomez listed the schools he will be visiting!
https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/7050313-top-programs-austin-gomez-will-visit

Starting to look more and more likely that we will land him, would be a huge pick-up for UW.

tigerking

This would be a game changer for the Badgers and fill a hole at 141. 

wrastle63

I don't view Iowa or Oklahoma State as great fits for him. Oklahoma State has Dusty Hone and Reece Witcraft who are waiting to get in the lineup. They also bring in Voinovich who projects at 149. Iowa obviously is loaded this upcoming season and Max Murin has another season of eligibility after that if he wants. There is also speculation that Schreiver will grow into 141. I am guessing these teams won't be throwing big money at Gomez. Wyoming has a bigger need, so Gomez would have to weigh Wisconsin vs Wyoming.

rjchev141

Gomez has recently been retweeting Seth Gross a bit.  So your saying there is a chance....

vsmf2010

Quote from: rjchev141 on May 25, 2021, 09:44:58 PM
Gomez has recently been retweeting Seth Gross a bit.  So your saying there is a chance....

Can't imagine a better coach and workout partner for Gomez than Seth. That would be awesome!

kmoc33

Quote from: vsmf2010 on May 26, 2021, 10:49:47 AM

Can't imagine a better coach and workout partner for Gomez than Seth. That would be awesome!

the other team on his list is Iowa. So Brands with workout partners of Lee, DeSanto and Eierman. I am not a fan of Iowa and would prefer him at WI, but I would think that would be better than Bono and Gross.

vsmf2010

Quote from: kmoc33 on May 27, 2021, 11:06:07 AM
Quote from: vsmf2010 on May 26, 2021, 10:49:47 AM

the other team on his list is Iowa. So Brands with workout partners of Lee, DeSanto and Eierman. I am not a fan of Iowa and would prefer him at WI, but I would think that would be better than Bono and Gross.

I respectfully disagree. The 3 from Iowa are great workout partners for sure but they are not coaches so their primary focus is their own success, aspirations, school work etc... What Gross offers is a coach and workout partner in your weight class who is also a world class wrestler still wrestling at the international level. That is something a little different.

kmoc33

I would agree with that about Gross. Especially if we are talking about a partner and coach as the same individual. But as a group is the way I took it. Was also thinking about Okie St. and having Smith and Fix

vsmf2010

Quote from: kmoc33 on May 27, 2021, 11:17:24 AM
I would agree with that about Gross. Especially if we are talking about a partner and coach as the same individual. But as a group is the way I took it. Was also thinking about Okie St. and having Smith and Fix

For sure as a group there is clearly no better room as far as lightweights than Iowa.

wrastle63

Quote from: vsmf2010 on May 27, 2021, 03:24:23 PM

For sure as a group there is clearly no better room as far as lightweights than Iowa.
A room so good Gomez wouldn't start.

Ghetto

Quote from: wrastle63 on May 28, 2021, 05:17:09 AM
Quote from: vsmf2010 on May 27, 2021, 03:24:23 PM

A room so good Gomez wouldn't start.

Yep. ☝️
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

tigerking

If Gomez were to attend Wisconsin,  where does this put us at in projected team points? He seems like a low AA to R12 guy. I would be curious to see our team projection with him and compare that to where they would finish most years at NCAAs. Without Wick, I would think we are looking to finish between 10th and 15th.

head57

Austin Gomez is in Madison tonight per his own twitter.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

MakingABadgerer

Good things happening. I hope he sees the beauty of Madison, the training opportunities, and the value of a UW diploma.

BuckyMatt

Committed!!!
Let's Go!!