Copass

Started by Hungus, September 08, 2021, 08:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hungus

No Copass on the roster and wasn't in the freshman pictures on Facebook
Gray shirt?
You're killing me Smalls!!!

TomM

Maybe training with the WIRTC for a year.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Hillger has 2 years of eligibility remaining because last year did not count toward eligibility.

It could make sense for Copass to enroll fall of 2022. He could then redshirt his Freshman year and have 4 years of eligibility after Hillger graduates....
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

tigerking

Amos also has 4 years of eligibility and there is a real chance that he goes HWT at some point in his career.

dad 2 5

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on September 09, 2021, 12:55:40 PM
Hillger has 2 years of eligibility remaining because last year did not count toward eligibility.

It could make sense for Copass to enroll fall of 2022. He could then redshirt his Freshman year and have 4 years of eligibility after Hillger graduates....

I see Trent listed as a senior and I have to wonder if he sticks around just to wrestle more instead of moving on to a career including coaching. I could be totally wrong on this statement and sure I get hammered on for even saying. I would love to see him two more years but lets just be thankful we have him this year for now

MakingABadgerer

Quote from: tigerking on September 09, 2021, 01:34:25 PM
Amos also has 4 years of eligibility and there is a real chance that he goes HWT at some point in his career.

A copass gray shirt makes a lot of sense. He's either still 17 or just turned 18. Let the guy live in a college town, adjust to living on his own, allow his body to mature, have practice partners who he will have to fight to survive against during the adjustment from high school, and watch this boy turn into a man as he gets better at wrestling before his eligibility clock ever begins ticking. The Amos/Calhoun/Zargo gray shirts will be helpful to the future of the team. Copass will do the same.

I keep seeing that a 5' 11" Amos won't make 197 this year, that he will be weak, that his gas tank will be suspect. He reportedly weighed in 202-203 vs a 205b TJ Dudley (multi time NCAA all American/ 1x finalist) at Underground. Did anyone ask Dudley after the match if Braxton was weak or slow? 

Look at his interviews vs some of the guys who left. There's a lot of "we" " Wisconsin" and credit to coaches  & training partners in the Amos interviews, doesn't seem like the kind of guy who is going to help recruit Copass and then change weights. I think the Hilger to Pete to Copass transition will be a smooth one and will allow all 3 to make the most out of their wrestling experience. While we are speculating, I'll float the idea that perhaps the skeptics are right, maybe Braxton isn't a career 197, if it turns out that he can't beat Hancock, Snyder, or Cox then maybe he drops a weight in both styles and we eventually see him as a 184 in college. We have him for potentially 6 years (4 + red shirt + Olympic redshirt) so who knows.

downtown

So Braxton wrestles 97 kilos which is 213.4 lbs for the world championships which he is one of only three double medalist ever and you think he will drop to o 184??????   You are a clown.  Maybe he will eventually wrestle 55 kilos for the 2028 Olympics.

MakingABadgerer

Clown? Lol. Man that insult really hurt.

I don't think he is going 184 but I don't think it is any less likely than him going hwt. The dude has repeatedly said he is a career 197 unless the team needs him elsewhere.