Author Topic: Austin Gomez  (Read 5465 times)

Offline Gizmo6

• Speak to Me
Austin Gomez
« on: May 21, 2021, 05:09:19 PM »
Gomez listed the schools he will be visiting!
https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/7050313-top-programs-austin-gomez-will-visit

Starting to look more and more likely that we will land him, would be a huge pick-up for UW.

Offline tigerking

• Wish You Were Here
Re: Austin Gomez
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 10:17:04 AM »
This would be a game changer for the Badgers and fill a hole at 141. 

Offline wrastle63

• Us and Them
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 12:45:37 PM »
I don't view Iowa or Oklahoma State as great fits for him. Oklahoma State has Dusty Hone and Reece Witcraft who are waiting to get in the lineup. They also bring in Voinovich who projects at 149. Iowa obviously is loaded this upcoming season and Max Murin has another season of eligibility after that if he wants. There is also speculation that Schreiver will grow into 141. I am guessing these teams won't be throwing big money at Gomez. Wyoming has a bigger need, so Gomez would have to weigh Wisconsin vs Wyoming.

Offline rjchev141

• Speak to Me
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 11:44:58 PM »
Gomez has recently been retweeting Seth Gross a bit.  So your saying there is a chance....

Offline vsmf2010

• Outside the Wall
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2021, 12:49:47 PM »
Gomez has recently been retweeting Seth Gross a bit.  So your saying there is a chance....

Can't imagine a better coach and workout partner for Gomez than Seth. That would be awesome!

Wisconsin Wrestling Online

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2021, 12:49:47 PM »

Offline kmoc33

• Outside the Wall
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2021, 01:06:07 PM »

Can't imagine a better coach and workout partner for Gomez than Seth. That would be awesome!

the other team on his list is Iowa. So Brands with workout partners of Lee, DeSanto and Eierman. I am not a fan of Iowa and would prefer him at WI, but I would think that would be better than Bono and Gross.

Offline vsmf2010

• Outside the Wall
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2021, 01:12:22 PM »

the other team on his list is Iowa. So Brands with workout partners of Lee, DeSanto and Eierman. I am not a fan of Iowa and would prefer him at WI, but I would think that would be better than Bono and Gross.

I respectfully disagree. The 3 from Iowa are great workout partners for sure but they are not coaches so their primary focus is their own success, aspirations, school work etc... What Gross offers is a coach and workout partner in your weight class who is also a world class wrestler still wrestling at the international level. That is something a little different.

Offline kmoc33

• Outside the Wall
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2021, 01:17:24 PM »
I would agree with that about Gross. Especially if we are talking about a partner and coach as the same individual. But as a group is the way I took it. Was also thinking about Okie St. and having Smith and Fix

Offline vsmf2010

• Outside the Wall
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2021, 05:24:23 PM »
I would agree with that about Gross. Especially if we are talking about a partner and coach as the same individual. But as a group is the way I took it. Was also thinking about Okie St. and having Smith and Fix

For sure as a group there is clearly no better room as far as lightweights than Iowa.

Offline wrastle63

• Us and Them
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2021, 07:17:09 AM »

For sure as a group there is clearly no better room as far as lightweights than Iowa.
A room so good Gomez wouldn’t start.

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2021, 07:17:09 AM »

Offline Ghetto

• Comfortably Numb
    • Whitefish Bay Wrestling
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2021, 09:08:45 AM »

A room so good Gomez wouldn’t start.

Yep. ☝️
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Offline tigerking

• Wish You Were Here
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2021, 10:30:10 AM »
If Gomez were to attend Wisconsin,  where does this put us at in projected team points? He seems like a low AA to R12 guy. I would be curious to see our team projection with him and compare that to where they would finish most years at NCAAs. Without Wick, I would think we are looking to finish between 10th and 15th.

Offline head57

• Waiting for the Worms
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2021, 02:01:16 AM »
Austin Gomez is in Madison tonight per his own twitter.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

Offline MakingABadgerer

• Speak to Me
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2021, 08:04:01 AM »
Good things happening. I hope he sees the beauty of Madison, the training opportunities, and the value of a UW diploma.

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2021, 08:04:01 AM »

Online BuckyMatt

• One of My Turns
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2021, 09:46:58 PM »
Committed!!!
Let’s Go!!

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2021, 09:46:58 PM »