Beautiful wekend

Started by MNbadger, May 17, 2021, 08:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNbadger

Great weekend.......
Saw Herman's Hermits in Turtle Lake on Friday night.  Memorable for old people like me.
We hiked 5 or 6 miles on the North Country Trail near Cable.  Kayaked on Spider Lake for a couple of hours.  I'd never been on Spider before, quite nice! 
Sunday I was up early and paddled for four hours on the Tigercat Flowage.  It was foggy for a couple of hours.  I saw only two other boats in the four hours with the first one being two hours in. 
I saw two sets of four loons dancing and calling, trumpeter swans in the water and in the air.  I watched a Pileated Woodpecker destroying a tree/feeding right on the bank of a channel at the base of a tree.  Snapping turtle, numerous 'rats, too many different species of birds to list. 
I got too see and talk with a friend who owns the resort.  What a day and weekend! 
I hope others had as good a weekend as I did.
Fish, were you able to get up to your place?
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

bigG

Nice weekend.

I'm heading to Utah next week to hike a mess of slot canyons and some waterfalls. My mom's been "training" for this for 2 years.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

MNbadger

That sounds great!.  I apparently have to go to a wedding.  90+ degrees, outside, and I have to wear pants.   It will be a long, long day.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

bigG

My wife has to go to a disco themed wedding tomorrow. She HATES disco. Alas, I have to work.  ;D
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.