Seeding State/7/7/# of Weight Classes Discussed With WWCA Members-WIWrestlerPC

Started by Steve_L, May 10, 2021, 01:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve_L

Hottest topics on the Forum are discussed on the latest edition of the Wisconsin Wrestler Podcast with WWCA Executive Board Members Randy Ferrell and Ryan Gerber.

Part 1:
https://www.wiwrestling.com/wisconsin-wrestler-podcast/

Teague and Steve are joined by WWCA Secretary and Fort Atkinson coach Ryan Gerber and Arrowhead coach and WWCA Former President Randy Ferrell to discuss the Wisconsin Wrestling Coaches Association! Randy and Ryan start off the podcast with their wrestling stories, and then provide a lot of quality insight on the role of the WWCA, the process of going through rules and policy changes, and the relationship with the WIAA and NFHS in regards to enacting those changes. We then get into the first of our hot topics, which is the weight class rule enacted by the NFHS this year (12, 13, or 14 weight classes).

Topics Discussed in Part 2: Will be Released on 5/13/21
-7/7 event rule and potential changes
-Seeding Individual State!!
-Women's State Tournament

WWCA Website- https://www.wwca.org/

Wis-Mallard

Ghetto

You had the weights discussion without me?! You were afraid I was gonna start cussing. All that editing...  ;D
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

M-Town Fan

Quote from: Wis-Mallard on May 12, 2021, 07:23:14 AM
Nice discussion. Any reason for the delay of the second portion?

Yes, while most podcast players have skip features and keep track of where you left off so you can listen to it over multiple sittings, we still feel that having shorter run times makes the podcast look more attractive or digestible to prospective listeners/people that aren't too familiar with podcasts!

Steve_L

Part 2 is up!

WWCA Conversation with Ryan Gerber and Randy Ferrell Pt. 2

MAY 13, 2021 SEASON 3 EPISODE 13

We jump right into another hot topic on the direct continuation from part 1 when we talk about the 7/7 rule and what event/match limits can look like in the future. We also talk about seeding the Individual State tournament and all the ways that that can be a possibility, along with unforeseen consequences and pros/cons of seeding the state tournament in different ways.

We then have a good discussion on the Women's State Tournament next year, and also follow up on ways to help build women's wrestling in the sport and in our state. The podcast closes out with some more trivia, and unfortunately for Ryan that leads into him reliving some of his tougher high school wrestling moments thanks to Randy's photographic memory of the State Tournament floor setup.

Numbers

May 13th is better than the listed September 13th.

Steve_L

Funny!  Didn't see that on the first posting. 

Now I understand what Wis-Mallard was talking about in his post! ;D

Steve_L

Sorry Wis-Mallard. The release date is 5/13 not 9/13.  Now I understand where you were coming from.  I have edited the original.

M-Town Fan

Quote from: Numbers on May 13, 2021, 08:19:31 AM

May 13th is better than the listed September 13th.

I wish I had noticed this as well and I would not have given the original response that I did 😂😂