3 (4.3%)
Northern Colorado
3 (4.3%)
other
9 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 69

shakerag

MNbadger

I would think he is going to Cal Poly.  Close to home, with brother.  I'd love it if he were to come to the Gophers though....
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

littleguy301

If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

dad 2 5

I think Trevor and he had a a good relationship

MNbadger

Brandvold has done very good things for the Gophers.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

hammer

Family over anything, Cal Poly!

Gutwrench

Is this a family/move closer to home situation, or is this an I don't think I can win a national championship at UW situation?  If it's the former, then I would vote Cal Poly.  If it's the latter, then I would vote for one of the bigger "name" locations.

For the record I voted "Other"  :)

smitty71

Quote from: thedecider on May 09, 2021, 03:10:00 PM
I'm a little baffled how Northern Colorado got listed as an option. A few folks voted for it too. What's the connection/draw for Wick to there?
Closer to Olympic Training Center & home?
What I had I gave, what I saved I lost forever!

mkm13

Askren said on FRL it is either Cal Poly or Penn State. 

asdf

Hindsight is 20/20, but not surprising Wick is leaving.  His best year was his redshirt freshman yr.  He spent all of the last season wrestling and being coached by the best in the nation.  Any Div I team would love to have him.  Bono was one of the first to actively take advantage of the new college reality of transfers but now everyone is doing it.  Reap what you sow.  Will be interesting to see over the next few years whether Bono gains or loses more in the transfer portal going forward.

But the good news is BonoBilt has another 8th grade tournament coming up.

wrastle63

Quote from: asdf on May 12, 2021, 09:06:45 AM
Hindsight is 20/20, but not surprising Wick is leaving.  His best year was his redshirt freshman yr.  He spent all of the last season wrestling and being coached by the best in the nation.  Any Div I team would love to have him.  Bono was one of the first to actively take advantage of the new college reality of transfers but now everyone is doing it.  Reap what you sow.  Will be interesting to see over the next few years whether Bono gains or loses more in the transfer portal going forward.

For sure interesting! Past results just from memory(hope I didn't miss anyone):
Lost-Jacob Covaciu, Paul Konrath, Hunter Ritter, Connor Brown, Jared Krattiger, Evan Wick. Krattiger and Wick are unknowns for next season. Wick will be heavily favored to AA pretty high, but Krattiger hasn't made NCAAs yet. As of right now there were little results from the rest. Ritter made NCAAs last season as the 29 seed.
Gained- Seth Gross, Chris Weiler, Tristan Moran, Connor Brown, Anders Lantz, Taylor Watkins, Beau Breske, Austin McNally, Johnny Sebastian. Lot more accomplishments here 5 NCAA qualifiers with Weiler and McNally with opportunities next season. Gross was a 1st team AA and Moran was 2nd team AA with cancelled NCAAs.

The positive far outweighs the negative.

vsmf2010

Quote from: wrastle63 on May 12, 2021, 12:05:20 PM

For sure interesting! Past results just from memory(hope I didn't miss anyone):
Lost-Jacob Covaciu, Paul Konrath, Hunter Ritter, Connor Brown, Jared Krattiger, Evan Wick. Krattiger and Wick are unknowns for next season. Wick will be heavily favored to AA pretty high, but Krattiger hasn't made NCAAs yet. As of right now there were little results from the rest. Ritter made NCAAs last season as the 29 seed.
Gained- Seth Gross, Chris Weiler, Tristan Moran, Connor Brown, Anders Lantz, Taylor Watkins, Beau Breske, Austin McNally, Johnny Sebastian. Lot more accomplishments here 5 NCAA qualifiers with Weiler and McNally with opportunities next season. Gross was a 1st team AA and Moran was 2nd team AA with cancelled NCAAs.

The positive far outweighs the negative.

For sure. Two of those transfer also became assistant coaches which is a huge bonus.

bigoil

What is wrong with an 8th grade tournament?

Gizmo6

Quote from: bigoil on May 12, 2021, 12:56:10 PM

My thoughts exactly, our coaches getting to know the best kids in the country at a young age is a good thing for UW.

bigoil

Quote from: Gizmo6 on May 21, 2021, 03:15:34 PM
Quote from: bigoil on May 12, 2021, 12:56:10 PM

My thoughts exactly, our coaches getting to know the best kids in the country at a young age is a good thing for UW.
Getting the top 8th graders in the country to visit Madison in the summer, brilliant!

Can't recruit kids until June of their JR year so hook them early!