Author Topic: Evan Wick in transfer portal..  (Read 4556 times)

Offline BackwardsHatAttack

• Outside the Wall
Evan Wick in transfer portal..
« on: May 07, 2021, 10:22:12 PM »
Evan Wick Officially In The Transfer Portal
Two-time NCAA All-American Evan Wick has entered the transfer portal.

Two-time NCAA All-American Evan Wick has officially entered the transfer portal. Wick has spent the last five seasons in Madison, Wisconsin, as a member of the Badgers. Competing in three of those seasons, Wick has never failed to qualify for the NCAA tournament.

After redshirting his first year in 2016/2017, he took third his freshman year with a record of 30-7. In 2019, Wick went 32-6 en route to a fourth-place finish at the NCAA tournament. As a junior Wick earned a top-eight seed despite being injured. And finally, the California native took another redshirt this past season.

Wick has been a standout on the freestyle scene as well. He most recently finished in fourth place at the 74 kg Olympic Trials with wins over Logan Massa, Chance Marsteller, and Thomas Gantt. He also won the U23 Nationals back in November of 2020.

Just last month, Evanís younger brother, Luka, signed with Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, which is about a four-and-a-half-hour drive from the Wicksí hometown of Murrieta, California.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/7025275-evan-wick-officially-in-the-transfer-portal

Online imwi

• Waiting for the Worms
Re: Evan Wick in transfer portal..
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 11:04:14 PM »
Well inappropriate term3

Offline dad 2 5

• Money
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 11:33:53 PM »
disappointing to hear

Offline Harris

• Waiting for the Worms
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 11:54:50 PM »
That is horrible news.  Next man up!

Offline mkm13

• Waiting for the Worms
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 08:56:15 AM »
Well that is a huge hit for next year.  Good luck to him wherever he goes.  I am guessing he will follow his brother to Cal Poly or go to PSU.

If Bono can also get Austin Gomez for next year, the team will still be very good, but not having Wick basically eliminates any chance of finishing top 5.

Wisconsin Wrestling Online

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 08:56:15 AM »

Offline BuckyMatt

• One of My Turns
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2021, 09:14:26 AM »
This stinks. Good luck to him. No redshirt for Hamiti apparently

Offline Woody38

• Speak to Me
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2021, 09:26:12 AM »
I was told by someone about 2 months ago that someone big would be leaving the Badgers.   The person would not tell me the name.  Inside info from Gophers staff.  My money is on Minnesota.   Which sucks!!   But what do you do?

What wrestlers are left from the Davis-Brandvold coaching staff?

« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 10:22:05 AM by Woody38 »

Offline mkm13

• Waiting for the Worms
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2021, 10:01:58 AM »
This stinks. Good luck to him. No redshirt for Hamiti apparently

I am not against that, but i hope they only choose to wrestle him if they think he is a likely AA.

Offline dad 2 5

• Money
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2021, 01:56:36 PM »
I was told by someone about 2 months ago that someone big would be leaving the Badgers.   The person would not tell me the name.  Inside info from Gophers staff.  My money is on Minnesota.   Which sucks!!   But what do you do?

Trent might be it

Offline vsmf2010

• Outside the Wall
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2021, 02:21:11 PM »

Trent might be it

Bahr, Model and Rotondo

Also Dow and Scharenbrock were recruited by Barry but never wrestled for him

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2021, 02:21:11 PM »

Offline MNbadger

• Brain Damage
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2021, 04:25:52 PM »
Just think back to what it might have been like if this had happened and Barry was still Head Coach!
Tom would be REALLY busy.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

Offline npope

• Brain Damage
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2021, 05:48:24 PM »
Just think back to what it might have been like if this had happened and Barry was still Head Coach!
:D :D :D :D

Yes indeed!
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Offline bigoil

• Comfortably Numb
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2021, 07:34:39 PM »

And when that did happen with Barry quite often towards the end, he did not bring in the following:

brown, Moran, gross, weiler, Johnny, McNally

And when Barry landed the #1 recruit in the nation, Barryís guy didnít show up. Amos is part of the RTC and repping UW.

Offline npope

• Brain Damage
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2021, 08:50:34 PM »

And when that did happen with Barry quite often towards the end, he did not bring in the following:

And when Barry landed the #1 recruit in the nation, Barryís guy didnít show up. Amos is part of the RTC and repping UW.

First, the transfer portal and associated rules were not in place when Davis was the coach. Second, Davis was only the second coach in UW history to bring home NCAA hardware. So, Davis is not without his accomplishments. The point being made is that Davis would have faced a lot of criticism for a guy like Wick transferring out (as he did when Howe and Rutt left). Thus far, the posters on the forum are not up-in-arms about it (good - s#@$ happens). The original point being made here is that Davis was not being judged by the same standards as those applied to Bono. I get it, and am not too concerned with all of this, but just sayin' expectations and tolerances are now different.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 08:58:23 PM by npope »
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2021, 08:50:34 PM »

Offline BuckyMatt

• One of My Turns
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2021, 09:14:26 PM »

First, the transfer portal and associated rules were not in place when Davis was the coach. Second, Davis was only the second coach in UW history to bring home NCAA hardware. So, Davis is not without his accomplishments. The point being made is that Davis would have faced a lot of criticism for a guy like Wick transferring out (as he did when Howe and Rutt left). Thus far, the posters on the forum are not up-in-arms about it (good - s#@$ happens). The original point being made here is that Davis was not being judged by the same standards as those applied to Bono. I get it, and am not too concerned with all of this, but just sayin' expectations and tolerances are now different.

Fire Bono!!!

Does that show the appropriate tolerance??

It sucks, what more can we say! Itís happening to every program (Penn State!)

*Davis was the second coach to bring home a ncaa trophy. Bono had his team ranked #4 in the country (and likely to get a trophy) in ONLY his second year.  I have a feeling (and people like Tigerking can save this quote) that they get a trophy this year even without Evan!   
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 09:19:08 PM by BuckyMatt »

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2021, 09:14:26 PM »