McIntosh promoted

Started by Houndhead, July 07, 2017, 08:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jchap

Quote from: getyourpoints on July 08, 2017, 11:52:13 AM
Quote from: Troy Grindle on July 08, 2017, 11:45:58 AM
Just an FYI jrob never served in Vietnam.  He was slated to leave with his platoon to go over to Vietnam but got excused to wrestle at the world championships for the U.S. after he won the national championships.  He was a leutenaint as an army ranger at the time.  He has a really neat story and you can watch it on his website.  Jrob says in it how much it bothered him not to go with his platoon to Vietnam.  He even offered to give up his rank to go over to Vietnam but the army said no.
Good to know.
I still like his military back ground and leadership and clearly his selflessness and willingness to give up his commission to be with his troops.
Then you'd really like my dad for the coaching position.  He actually served a tour in Vietnam and turned down a chance to get commissioned.

MNbadger

The best way to increase attendance is to ATTEND.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

Harris

Quote from: MNbadger on July 08, 2017, 02:53:50 PM

The best way to increase attendance is to WIN.  ;)

MNbadger

Chicken and egg.  If you have people attending, they can't ignore you.  Numbers speak, period.  The Badgers had a winning record last year.  They were in the middle of the Big Ten.  They had quality individuals to watch.  Attendance has been generally the same regardless of finish.  Numbers(attendance) speak.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan

dad 2 5

Quote from: MNbadger on July 08, 2017, 02:53:50 PM

kind of like the complaining about giving to the program and than not giving...  :)

MNbadger

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf