US Open & UWW Junior World Team Trials

Started by WRTCSean, April 30, 2021, 06:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harris

Flo just posted this:

Facundo vs. Hamiti could easily be the match of the tournament. The next session is starting now with Junior Quarters kicking off shortly after.

https://twitter.com/FloWrestling/status/1388606084122882053

Harris

Braxton Amos in the Junior National 97KG freestyle finals!  He has not been scored upon in Greco or Freestyle.  He has outscored his opponents 77-0 over both styles. 

Braxton Amos is really good  ;D

Harris

Ethan Rotondo drops a tough 8-6 decision in the Senior freestyle 57KG finals against an NCAA round of 12 Jakob Camacho from NC State who was ranked #9 at the end of last season.  He has come a LONG way.  Great job Ethan.

hammer

Quote from: matrat86 on May 01, 2021, 11:22:24 AM
Quote from: hammer on May 01, 2021, 10:20:25 AM
Quote from: MakingABadgerer on May 01, 2021, 09:03:44 AM
Quote from: hammer on May 01, 2021, 08:51:36 AM
Quote from: Harris on April 30, 2021, 05:57:44 PM
Braxton Amos is really good  ;D

Amos is really good and will be a great addition to the Badgers. Let's not get to wild over the Greco results. He beat a couple of high school kids and one is an old sophomore. With his past results he is certainly very good without a doubt. Just he was several levels above anyone in the field and he should be also.

Shouldn't read too much into him teching the guy who beat the NCAA 197 runner up either? 
If you're an 18 year old high school sophomore I somehow feel like you're not allowed to use your grade level as a crutch.

17 year old sophomore or a 2003 birthday. He is really good though. He hasn't had the training like Amos has at this point. Like I said Amos is going to be good for sure, I just said let's not go wild. Amos should have and did dominate the bracket. I would have loved to see him in the senior level. He may have won that!

What is the benefit to Amos to wrestle in the senior level this weekend? Winning yesterday, he gets to compete in Russia against the best in the world. I'd think this competition is more important to his development then wrestling against the senior field yesterday.

Keep drinking your kool-aid from your half empty glass with dad 2 5 and the rest of us will continue to support whats happening with the program.

Yes I understand the world thing vs senior level. Reread my post please. I should have said Amos is a man among boys at the junior level. I do think he is good enough to win at the senior level and has proven that. I also pointed out how completely dominated the field as he should have done. My glass is half full! Just pointing out some very blatant facts. I dont want to over hype Amos or jinks him. I hope he out does what he is projected to do. So please matrat, reread and dont draw an assumption that I dont want to support what is going on in Badger land. Had a great day today also.

matrat86

I know how to read thanks. My issue with your post is the glass half empty attitude. We are talking about 18 year old young adults. Lets build them up instead of putting down their accomplishments (which you and the rest of us could never manage to accomplish).

Harris

Congrats to Braxton Amos your 2021 97KG Junior National Champion and World Team Member in both Freestyle and Greco Roman!

hammer

Quote from: matrat86 on May 02, 2021, 11:00:29 AM
I know how to read thanks. My issue with your post is the glass half empty attitude. We are talking about 18 year old young adults. Lets build them up instead of putting down their accomplishments (which you and the rest of us could never manage to accomplish).

What did I put down? I think Amos is older than 18 also but i dont know. What he is doing is incredible. Winning last chance, going to trials and doing incredible also. I think he is good enough that he could have won seniors as a senior level. Along the lines of what Kyle synder, Spencer Leegers, gable steveson and kirkvielt have done in the past moved up a age group and dominated. I was hoping to see Amos in that rare air of being that good. Was is that in your eyes half empty glass? Dang I was just pointing out what even some writers said talking about the tournament also said, some really good high schoolers in a bracket that Amos will dominate. I guess those writers are also glass empty types and are bringing down the kids also just like what you say i am doing. I certainly wish the best for the badgers and all the current Badgers. But according to guys like you I cannt be honest while supporting them, guess I better find a team that doesnt get so hind end hurt if something not positive is said. Remember it takes guys like us kn the forum to help give out support so these athletes can do things we can never do!

dad 2 5

Quote from: hammer on May 02, 2021, 04:27:49 PM
Quote from: matrat86 on May 02, 2021, 11:00:29 AM

What did I put down? I think Amos is older than 18 also but i dont know. What he is doing is incredible. Winning last chance, going to trials and doing incredible also. I think he is good enough that he could have won seniors as a senior level. Along the lines of what Kyle synder, Spencer Leegers, gable steveson and kirkvielt have done in the past moved up a age group and dominated. I was hoping to see Amos in that rare air of being that good. Was is that in your eyes half empty glass? Dang I was just pointing out what even some writers said talking about the tournament also said, some really good high schoolers in a bracket that Amos will dominate. I guess those writers are also glass empty types and are bringing down the kids also just like what you say i am doing. I certainly wish the best for the badgers and all the current Badgers. But according to guys like you I cannt be honest while supporting them, guess I better find a team that doesnt get so hind end hurt if something not positive is said. Remember it takes guys like us kn the forum to help give out support so these athletes can do things we can never do!

well said Hammer, keep post. You have good insight.

tigerking

Amos could have beaten Austin Schafer and won Seniors this weekend. I still agree with him doing Juniors because I do not believe he will make the team when they wrestle the Senior WTT and now he gets an opportunity to wrestle for a Junior WTT in both styles. He has really impressed me of late and I am looking forward to him competing in the red and white next year.

PAUL

Well folks can disagree on the fine points of this, but all things considered I think it's great and exciting and fantastic!

Lunatic Fringe

John Gunderson from Baraboo took 7th at 92kg in the Junior's tournament.  Would sure love to see him get added to the badgers!

dad 2 5

Quote from: Lunatic Fringe on May 04, 2021, 10:39:08 AM
John Gunderson from Baraboo took 7th at 92kg in the Junior's tournament.  Would sure love to see him get added to the badgers!

I would too