It’s a great day to be a Badger (again)

Started by head57, April 27, 2021, 02:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harris

Quote from: MatScoutWillie on April 30, 2021, 12:06:40 PM
Quote from: Harris on April 27, 2021, 06:13:39 PM
Here are 2 Juniors who are nationally ranked in-state wrestlers I would love to see commit to Wisconsin: 

Mitch Mesenbrink (Hartland)
Nicolar Rivera (Stoughton)

In my opinion Mesenbrink will go else where.
Rivera doesn't have the grades.  So I've heard.

Understood but I am still hopeful.

I am very happy with the Bobzien news.  What did you think of his Cadet world team trials?  I really think he is an exciting wrestler with a lot of upside potential.

Harris

Here are 2 Juniors who are nationally ranked in-state wrestlers I would love to see commit to Wisconsin: 

Hey Willie - since we have you here, what do you think of Koy Hopke from Amery?  He had a great match with Big Jim Mullen.

dad 2 5

Quote from: Harris on April 30, 2021, 12:43:13 PM

Understood but I am still hopeful.

I am very happy with the Bobzien news.  What did you think of his Cadet world team trials?  I really think he is an exciting wrestler with a lot of upside potential.

Two things stood out to me (1) is he look technically solid, maybe more comfortable and sound then his forkstyle (2) Look about at 2020 and battle for the belt and pins all the way through, dominate.  Should be fun to see how he develops in the coming years.

dad 2 5

Quote from: wrastle63 on April 29, 2021, 08:47:10 PM
Apparently Dad2_5  wants a recruit who isn't even ranked by anyone and an NAIA transfer over a cadet world teamer, runner up in freestyle, and ranked recruit  and a bloodround 174 at a position of need. Let's trust his thought process.

You guys are showing what I have seen on this team for the many years I have followed them, insecurity, tentative, reactionary! You should have read those two post this way (1) Can Badger beat those recruits (yes!) (2) Are the Badgers out recruiting Iowa and gaining any ground (on those two - yes!) (overall maybe not so much but the Badger '21 class is high level!) (3) Are those two just brought in to be beat down mat rats for the starters at Iowa (most likely)? Instead you seem more insecure and reactionary.  There needs to be mindset change and it appears that is starting to happen on the team, not so much on the forum.

Harris

Quote from: dad 2 5 on April 30, 2021, 01:03:01 PM
Apparently Dad2_5  wants a recruit who isn't even ranked by anyone and an NAIA transfer over a cadet world teamer, runner up in freestyle, and ranked recruit  and a bloodround 174 at a position of need. Let's trust his thought process.

You guys are showing what I have seen on this team for the many years I have followed them, insecurity, tentative, reactionary! You should have read those two post this way (1) Can Badger beat those recruits (yes!) (2) Are the Badgers out recruiting Iowa and gaining any ground (on those two - yes!) (overall maybe not so much but the Badger '21 class is high level!) (3) Are those two just brought in to be beat down mat rats for the starters at Iowa (most likely)? Instead you seem more insecure and reactionary.  There needs to be mindset change and it appears that is starting to happen on the team, not so much on the forum.

@dad 2 5 - keep on posting.  I love it.

Realize if you go post accolades about the Badger wrestling program on the Iowa or Penn State forums you would get torched even worse.  Every wrestling forum has a pretty rabid fan base who will protect their own.  They are all SUPER insecure and reactionary and that's why so many people enjoy reading them.  Go read the banter back and forth about shady recruiting, slush funds, getting PA wrestlers to Iowa, etc...  I have read threads in the last week accusing both Cael and Gable of stuff.  Throw in the success of Penn State at individual NCAA's this year versus Iowa with the team title and you have some serious drama.  Now we have the Max Dean speculation and it is a total circus. 

dad 2 5

Quote from: Harris on April 30, 2021, 01:26:46 PM

Realize if you go post accolades about the Badger wrestling program on the Iowa or Penn State forums you would get torched even worse.  Every wrestling forum has a pretty rabid fan base who will protect their own.  They are all SUPER insecure and reactionary and that's why so many people enjoy reading them.  Go read the banter back and forth about shady recruiting, slush funds, getting PA wrestlers to Iowa, etc...  I have read threads in the last week accusing both Cael and Gable of stuff.  Throw in the success of Penn State at individual NCAA's this year versus Iowa with the team title and you have some serious drama.  Now we have the Max Dean speculation and it is a total circus.

Thanks Harris, Did you read any of the trends on the Iowa site calling out Brands or on theguillotine? Fun stuff for sure

Harris

Quote from: dad 2 5 on April 30, 2021, 02:10:13 PM
Quote from: Harris on April 30, 2021, 01:26:46 PM

Thanks Harris, Did you read any of the trends on the Iowa site calling out Brands or on theguillotine? Fun stuff for sure

The threads are actually crazy the past few months. 

BuckyMatt

Oh no, Dad 2 5 called me insecure  ::)

More like I just know how to draw in the lines. It's a Wisconsin Badger forum , not a forum about Iowa.  Happily post that stuff on the General College Wrestling board!  It's really not too hard to understand the concept

wrastle63

Insecure about what? Tentative? Reactionary? I have been consistent that Bono and crew have been making steady progress and improvements to the program since they got here. Others like you were the ones who were negative and then pumped about getting 2 AAs this year. That's the definition of reactionary. Couple wins? How about a couple AAs.
"I don't see this going particularly well for the Badgers. Hopefully they can get a couple back side wins but it does not look good. But just wait until next year!"

The better option was you should post those where they belong. This is a topic on Badger recruits. Want to talk about Iowa recruits post on the college board or go to Hawkeye report.

As far as mindset change goes. What about my mindset and action should I change? I donate to WRTC, Badger season ticket holder, watch and promote, believe in the coaches and athletes and see the steady but quick improvement from just a few short years ago. Maybe look in the mirror.

hammer

Quote from: Harris on April 30, 2021, 12:46:21 PM

Hey Willie - since we have you here, what do you think of Koy Hopke from Amery?  He had a great match with Big Jim Mullen.

Hopke is going to be a good one for sure. I am not willie but my 2 cents says he is going to devolpe into an elite type.

vsmf2010

Quote from: wrastle63 on May 01, 2021, 08:27:22 AM

Insecure about what? Tentative? Reactionary? I have been consistent that Bono and crew have been making steady progress and improvements to the program since they got here. Others like you were the ones who were negative and then pumped about getting 2 AAs this year. That's the definition of reactionary. Couple wins? How about a couple AAs.
"I don't see this going particularly well for the Badgers. Hopefully they can get a couple back side wins but it does not look good. But just wait until next year!"

The better option was you should post those where they belong. This is a topic on Badger recruits. Want to talk about Iowa recruits post on the college board or go to Hawkeye report.

As far as mindset change goes. What about my mindset and action should I change? I donate to WRTC, Badger season ticket holder, watch and promote, believe in the coaches and athletes and see the steady but quick improvement from just a few short years ago. Maybe look in the mirror.

Well said 63!

Harris

;D

mkm13

great to add him to what we already have in the class.  really talented and very unique style. Any thoughts on how his style will translate to big 10 folkstyle wrestling?

Harris

Quote from: mkm13 on February 26, 2022, 07:05:53 PM
great to add him to what we already have in the class.  really talented and very unique style. Any thoughts on how his style will translate to big 10 folkstyle wrestling?
Ranked #6 in the nation by Matscouts, he beat #1 Nate Jesuroga in January and Iowa's starter Drake Ayala 11-0 at Cadet Nationals (Fargo) in 2018

stbird