It’s a great day to be a Badger (again)

Started by head57, April 27, 2021, 02:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

head57

thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

dad 2 5

Harris

Here are 2 Juniors who are nationally ranked in-state wrestlers I would love to see commit to Wisconsin: 

Mitch Mesenbrink (Hartland)
Nicolar Rivera (Stoughton)

bigoil

Gomez is my guess based on twitter his post today liked by Seth and Hilger

ankle pick

head57

Quote from: bigoil on April 27, 2021, 06:37:08 PM

Who's Gomez?
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

bigoil

Quote from: head57 on April 27, 2021, 08:58:30 PM
Quote from: bigoil on April 27, 2021, 06:37:08 PM

Who's Gomez?
It may not be him, maybe not yet hopefully. But here is his bio. 

Ncaa qualifier as RS FR

One of the most sought out recruits in the country, coming in as the No. 11 overall recruit... member of the 2016 and 2017 Junior National Freestyle Team... two-time Pan American champion... two-time Fargo freestyle national champion... two-time Fargo Greco national champion... three-time Illinois state champion... member of the 2011 Cadet World Team... compiled a 195-7 prep record... wrestled for Glenbard North High School

mkm13

If there is a scholarship available what is the huge risk? Id say the risk is much bigger for Gomez, if he has had concussion issues.

Ghetto

Austin Gomez?!

Sick! Exciting dude. Will bring all kinds of craziness to Madison. Love it if it's true.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

mkm13

Cadet Greco world teamer and Freestyle runner-up Brock Bobzien (Poway, CA)

Appears to be a great pick up!

wrastle63

Not who we thought, but still a very big recruit. Brock Bobzien who is a cadet world team member for Greco and runner up in freestyle. He is a junior from California at 132. He is currently #14 at 132, but looks like an up and coming guy. He went from 7th in California states last year to world teamed and runner up.

Could have easily won the freestyle team in freestyle as well. Was up 8-4 late in the match and got stuck. He then won match 2, but lost the third.

bigoil

Quote from: wrastle63 on April 28, 2021, 08:34:27 AM
Not who we thought, but still a very big recruit. Brock Bobzien who is a cadet world team member for Greco and runner up in freestyle. He is a junior from California at 132. He is currently #14 at 132, but looks like an up and coming guy. He went from 7th in California states last year to world teamed and runner up.

Could have easily won the freestyle team in freestyle as well. Was up 8-4 late in the match and got stuck. He then won match 2, but lost the third.
Must be a young JR to wrestle cadet.

MNbadger

I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

Harris

Quote from: mkm13 on April 28, 2021, 08:22:11 AM
Cadet Greco world teamer and Freestyle runner-up Brock Bobzien (Poway, CA)

Appears to be a great pick up!

His best of 3 finals for freestyle were some of the best matches at Cadet Nationals.  I think this is a great addition and am very excited.