good news - Stanford

Started by dad 2 5, May 18, 2021, 02:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigoil

great news for wrestling. Will be interesting to see what Real Woods and Shane Griffith among others do with the portal.

Ghetto

They'll need a new coach, as Borelli already left the program.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

tigerking

I am glad they are back, but depending how transfer go this offseason, the program could be starting from square 1. Stanford has no one to blame, but their administration. Had a quality team that was coming up and now the roster is gutted.

tigerking

Quote from: tigerking on May 19, 2021, 12:40:13 PM
I am glad they are back, but depending how transfer go this offseason, the program could be starting from square 1. Stanford has no one to blame, but their administration. Had a quality team that was coming up and now the roster is gutted.

Scratch this comment. With Rob Koll coming, they will not be starting from square one. Rob is very confident that all of the athletes in the transfer portal will be coming back. How many Cornell guys eventually transfer there when they are not afforded their extra year?

Ghetto

Interesting that he's leaving Cornell, which is on the east coast, and near to wrestling centers, to move to Stanford, which is sort of a wrestling desert. What will happen with Yianni and Vito? I guess that they'll stay with Grey being named.

I guess I can stop DM'ing Shane Griffith.  ;D
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

tigerking

Quote from: Ghetto on June 01, 2021, 12:40:00 PM
Interesting that he's leaving Cornell, which is on the east coast, and near to wrestling centers, to move to Stanford, which is sort of a wrestling desert. What will happen with Yianni and Vito? I guess that they'll stay with Grey being named.

I guess I can stop DM'ing Shane Griffith.  ;D

Per several interviews that I watched, I don't think he was happy with how Cornell/Ivy League handled the pandemic. I think the Deans leaving hurt him and the fact the Ivy league was only to give seniors an extra year does not benefit his team with Vito, Yianni, and a bunch of other young guys. Willie Saylor claimed Rob Koll was leaving Cornell regardless if he got the Stanford job or not.