Weeknight JV Wrestling Opportunities

Started by FortWrestling, April 06, 2021, 01:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FortWrestling

Hey Everyone,
I really feel that one of the things that hurts our overall numbers is the fact that much of our wrestling opportunities occur on long Saturdays where, between the time kids get on the bus to go to their destination and the time they arrive back at their home school, the hours of time is in the double digits.  While comparing different sports is like comparing apples and oranges, in the minds of many high school kids, the time disparities don't seem to add up.  I hear a lot from kids not wanting to wrestle about 'the amount of time' that is needed to commit for wrestling (in comparison to other sports).

So to try and alleviate this problem, in Fort Atkinson, we've made a concerted effort to try and move many of our JV events to weeknights.  This compares favorably to other sports and gives those kids the opportunity to try wrestling without the huge time commitment.  BTW, I think you'll see a lot of varsity programs go this route in the coming years, especially if we get rid of the 7:7 rule.

Without getting too off track, I was wondering who else runs weeknight JV events.  Please list in the thread.  Here's what I know right now...

Fort Atkinson JV Duals (actual team duals): Tuesday, December 20
Fort Atkinson JV Invite: Tuesday, January 4
Horicon JV Invite: Monday, January 17
Oak Creek JV Quad: Tuesday, January 18
Columbus JV Invite: Monday, February 7
Lake Geneva Badger: Tuesday, February 8

I look forward to seeing what other's have going!

mojo123