Barry Alvarez

Started by Houndhead, March 28, 2021, 04:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Houndhead

Barry Alvarez is expected to retire as AD at UW. Is Chris McIntosh still the heir apperant for the job?

Ghetto

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

dad 2 5

crossface21

I saw someone ask Jeff Potrykus(who is the beat writer for many things at JS for UW) about adding baseball on Twitter. He stated that with the financial losses from COVID they won't be adding anything anytime soon. But also they would need to add another sport to comply with Title IX, which pretty much everyone knows. It's a long shot, but why not women's wrestling? UW could be the pioneer with this for the Big 10 and the rest of the big hitters. But even if they didn't add baseball(which won't happen for various reasons), why not try and add it anyway? I'm not saying that Alvarez hasn't listened or entertained the idea possibly, but when there's a change in regime and a person wants to put their own stamp on a program, it would be a great way to do it.

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Harris

Quote from: crossface21 on March 28, 2021, 04:04:58 PM
I saw someone ask Jeff Potrykus(who is the beat writer for many things at JS for UW) about adding baseball on Twitter. He stated that with the financial losses from COVID they won't be adding anything anytime soon. But also they would need to add another sport to comply with Title IX, which pretty much everyone knows. It's a long shot, but why not women's wrestling? UW could be the pioneer with this. But even if they didn't add baseball(which won't happen for various reasons), why not try and add it anyway? I'm not saying that Alvarez hasn't listened or entertained the idea possibly, but when there's a change in regime and a person wants to put their own stamp on a program, it would be a great way to do it.

I hope they consider it as well.  With the number of new women's collegiate programs and the number of female wrestlers at the Wisconsin Regional Training Center it makes sense to at least explore the option.

crossface21

Quote from: Houndhead on March 28, 2021, 04:50:27 AM
Barry Alvarez is expected to retire as AD at UW. Is Chris McIntosh still the heir apperant for the job?

Alvarez is in favor of McIntosh getting the job as is Tommy Thompson, who right now is the interim UW System President.