2021 NCAA D1 Championship

Started by Harris, March 18, 2021, 09:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghetto

Well done Eric Barnett. Win and advance.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Armdrag

wrastle63

Should have been a pin in the first....

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Does anyone else feel compelled to buy suples products after going to the NCAA Championships page at trackwrestling?
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

bigoil

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on March 19, 2021, 01:23:32 PM
Does anyone else feel compelled to buy suples products after going to the NCAA Championships page at trackwrestling?

NO!! I have been busted 3 times today alone watching while on zoom calls, all of a sudden the sound of suples kicks in..followed by Oh $H!t, sorry, da&&it, where did that go, sorry..

Harris

Quote from: bigoil on March 19, 2021, 01:39:46 PM
Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on March 19, 2021, 01:23:32 PM

NO!! I have been busted 3 times today alone watching while on zoom calls, all of a sudden the sound of suples kicks in..followed by Oh $H!t, sorry, da&&it, where did that go, sorry..

That's hilarious.  It is so loud when it kicks in.

jeast

LOL!!! ME TOO!!
"Never wrestle with a strong man, nor bring a rich man to court"

Ghetto

Parker Keckeisen is an All-American!!!!!!!

Congratulations to Gus his HS coach, Ott,  Cody, Coach Jim, Doc, and anyone involved in the Nicolet program. You won't get the credit you deserve, but it's you. All day.

HS coaches put in the work, six days a week. Props always go to their clubs, but F that. It's you.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

onwisconsin

Why Hilger didn't try to stand up in OT is beyond me.  He made it too easy for Gremmel.   He had his chances.

Harris

Tough loss for Hillger but he is wrestling great in this tournament and he needs to finish strong for AA.

Congrats to Parker.  That is really cool.

npope

So, here we are at the "blood round" with two dogs still in the hunt. Barnett needs to replicate his magic with Schroeder and Hillger needs to beat the winner of the #8 and #17 seed match. If the UW came away with two AA this year, even if they end up being low AA, I would consider it a moral victory - although there are those among us who deny the value of "moral" victories. At times like these, I am reminded of an expression my college coach (Byron James of UW-RF note) would employ as appropriate, "In a storm, any port is welcome." Of course, he would tell us this when we all knew we were going out against an obviously superior opponent and the out come was not expected be good. He left it to his wrestlers to figure out it meaning in the next seven minutes on the mat.

That said, it is gonna be tough for Barnett; Schroeder is no slouch (if Barnett does AA, he will have earned it).

Weiler's performance has to be a big disappointment - it should have ended better for him.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

matrat86

Quote from: npope on March 19, 2021, 04:34:28 PM
So, here we are at the "blood round" with two dogs still in the hunt. Barnett needs to replicate his magic with Schroeder and Hillger needs to beat the winner of the #8 and #17 seed match. If the UW came away with two AA this year, even if they end up being low AA, I would consider it a moral victory - although there are those among us who deny the value of "moral" victories. At times like these, I am reminded of an expression my college coach (Byron James of UW-RF note) would employ as appropriate, "In a storm, any port is welcome." Of course, he would tell us this when we all knew we were going out against an obviously superior opponent and the out come was not expected be good. He left it to his wrestlers to figure out it meaning in the next seven minutes on the mat.

That said, it is gonna be tough for Barnett; Schroeder is no slouch (if Barnett does AA, he will have earned it).

Weiler's performance has to be a big disappointment - it should have ended better for him.

Has there ever been a slouch in the "blood round" of the NCAA tournament?

npope

Quote from: matrat86 on March 19, 2021, 05:01:57 PM

There are those who have been "slouchier" relative to others. And yes, in case you are wondering, I made that word up right here on the spot. Personally, I would prefer Thor's draw than Barnett's at this point.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Numbers

Quote from: matrat86 on March 19, 2021, 05:01:57 PM

It would be someone that won round one and then in round 2 won by injury default or DQ.

Recon

Badgers need a win tonight! I believe only once (2004) since 1973 has the program not had an All American. Here's hoping and channeling all of my positive energy for a pair of 3rd places.

* not counting last year with no tourney.