2021 NCAA D1 Championship

Started by Harris, March 18, 2021, 09:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

littleguy301

O toole, parker and Buchanan all in the quarters! Nice!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Ledger

brotherofagoodwrestler

Kauffman is still wrestling(UNI), Mocco, O'Toole,Keckeisen,Buchanon.......hmmmmm interesting............hmmmmmm

bigG

Quote from: DocWrestling on March 18, 2021, 09:47:51 PM
Quote from: Napoleon Dynamite on March 18, 2021, 09:45:28 PM
Hillger get reversal right at end and wins 2-1!!!

Crazy that ESPN does not show riding time.  He looked gassed after not being able to get out but kept going and got the reversal!

Yeah, what's with the riding time? Can make a big difference in a lot of matches. Love watching the riding clock.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

jeast

Great match, but I was sitting there thinking OT after the reversal and probably a loss, with riding time.  I couldn't understand coaches jumping up and down, then...I realized he had erased riding time. Great win, but I know I would have enjoyed it more right away had riding time been on the screen! HA!

Still, so thankful that we got to watch it. Hope they get riding time clocks fixed on the screen today!

I was amazed at Hilger's ability to ride him out. That was good stuff.
"Never wrestle with a strong man, nor bring a rich man to court"

TomM

See 149 :07 second controversy?  Is it resolved?
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

wrastle63

Quote from: TomM on March 19, 2021, 08:02:37 AM
NO Campbell filed an appeal with the NCAA.

Handles II

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 19, 2021, 08:05:42 AM
A complete mess that wasn't dealt with correctly. The video has the exact number of seconds (and fractions of) right on it (I've been the video guy at Ncaa d3's a few times) when the clock doesn't start or stop, the video is used to get the correct time.
My opinion is that the officials screwed that up the first time, then the 2nd 7 seconds was wrestled, and it negated any correction that should have occured. The Campbell kid got screwed and it won't be reversed.

wrastle63

Quote from: Handles II on March 19, 2021, 09:24:05 AM
Quote from: wrastle63 on March 19, 2021, 08:05:42 AM
A complete mess that wasn't dealt with correctly. The video has the exact number of seconds (and fractions of) right on it (I've been the video guy at Ncaa d3's a few times) when the clock doesn't start or stop, the video is used to get the correct time.
My opinion is that the officials screwed that up the first time, then the 2nd 7 seconds was wrestled, and it negated any correction that should have occured. The Campbell kid got screwed and it won't be reversed.
Horribly officiated match. I believe Lewallen had a takedown before the 7 seconds. The refs reviewed but said no. He had Heil in danger for 4-5 seconds and they didn't count at all. But then you are right Heil got screwed by having to wrestle 2 7 second goes instead of 1.

Harris

Mekhi Lewis from Virginia Tech and Kendall Coleman from Purdue are out for medical.

Harris

Armdrag

was very tough on top!!! and first takedown was nice!!!

Harris

Tough loss by Burwick.  So close but gave up a reversal at the end.

DocWrestling

Ragusin lost so Barnett wrestles #21 seed Trevor Mastrogiovanni, OKST, 15-5 and after he beats him he will have Schroder from Purdue. 

Pretty good draw at this point considering he lost to Schroder 9-8 last year and pinned him this year. 
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!